It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ship Levels
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:30 am 

It puting this one on because i have jumped from a 0.21 to a the main server im dealing with the sectors but the ship levels i perferd the lower number levels 0 - 54 and not the one that goes in to the hundrads well i would like that to happen also to the planet levels aswell i think of a new level system i will think of one to post in this topic when it pops in to my head but it will.

Post subject: Re: Ship Levels
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

redskull wrote:
It puting this one on because i have jumped from a 0.21 to a the main server im dealing with the sectors but the ship levels i perferd the lower number levels 0 - 54 and not the one that goes in to the hundrads well i would like that to happen also to the planet levels aswell i think of a new level system i will think of one to post in this topic when it pops in to my head but it will.

For everything there is a reason and a purpose. While yo may prefer the lower level numbers we did this to enable incremental levels and so a player may not know exactly what they are up against. In the past you could tell by score and where you were at where a planet or a ship might be level wise regardless of scanning because you knew you couldn't afford to go up the next level. Now with incremental levels it creates some questions.

Don't expect we will be going back to the old system.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:11 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

There are other benefits of the new system. If a player doesn't have enough cash for ten upgrades, it still doesn't stop them from increasing their techs in smaller incriments. This is also more efficient when trading.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:29 am 

so the reason they are so high is beace you have takein the lower ones and spilt them up for the lower level players to hav a chance to upgrade more easily i under stand but i still stand by my statement of the lowerlevels but you guys are higher level players then me so i accpet what you have said.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:37 pm 
Developer
Developer

No, it's to make it easier to upgrade the higher levels.

One way to look at it is the new levels are basically similar to the old system. Level 20 in 0.21 is similar to level 200 in 0.3x. Level 205 in 0.3x is similar to level 20.5 in 0.21. It breaks down the levels so there is a smaller amount a player has to pay to upgrade. When you got over level 30 in 0.21 the cost to upgrade ONE level started becoming outrageous. Adding the ability to upgrade 1/10th of a level would make it less cost prohibitive but adding .1, .2, .3 ... .8, .9 to all of the levels would look damned silly. So we change the level display to show whole numbers instead of point values.

When we made the change YEARS ago most of the 0.21 players just divided the levels by 10 in their head until they were comfortable dealing with the level numbering. Everyone eventually came to realise the change was a very good one because it allowed players to upgrade faster when they got to the higher tech levels.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]