It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 6 of 8 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Main Game Bounty Change Part Tres
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:22 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Good luck with the house.

Where will the system be tested? On the beta server? I don't think that's been open since I've been playing AAT, actually :P

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:55 pm 
Trial
Trial

It is too bad that a few players have pretty much ruined this game for any one else other then the *chosen few* that they don't feel like bullying around or are personal friends (though we also know that some times that does not make a difference either). Good luck getting them under control but it way too late this round as they have already benefited way too much from the ways the cheated and abused the system to take advantage of other players that are newer to this game, spend less time playing and simply don't have the resources of several veteran players to help them abuse the system and other players. I will watch around for when the next round starts and see if maybe the newer systems then can help to keep some of these people who obvious have nothing worth anything more then a simple online game in their life where they must stoop to the type of tactics that they have up to this point to take advantage of the current rules and anti-abuse systems of the game and abuse other players.

Piece out till then everyone!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:49 pm 
Trial
Trial

Translation: I got blown up and am pouting. I will be back in two weeks with a new name.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IkeDiamonds wrote:
Translation: I got blown up and am pouting. I will be back in two weeks with a new name.

Actually all it did was substantiate the reason we are working to fix the credit sharing issues. You just helped push it another step forward as all. When we get notes that 6 players have quit the game due to this type of play, you can bet we notice and changes will happen.

How can anyone battle unlimited funds. I look at a win line that as very unsubstantial, what did it prove? It proves that if you can't beat a player on equal ground, you can beat that player if you can be funded there... where is the strategy in that... They might as well make steroids legal because thats pretty much what you did.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:06 pm 
Developer
Developer

And remember this...

We can NEVER make everyone happy. That is something game designers know they can never do in a million years. Any changes we make are going to tick off someone who plays the game. We know that and we will ALWAYS err on the side that helps and makes the most players happy. When it comes to game balance it is all about what makes things work best for the most people playing the game. It's a fine line we walk and for all these years we have done a good job walking it. Many of the changes we have made in the past has cause certain players to claim it would ruin the game and no one would play. Well, every time they have been wrong and we have been right. :) We do have the experience and we see a lot of things no one else in the game ever sees.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:53 am 

Panama Jack wrote:
And remember this...

>>>>We can NEVER make everyone happy. That is something game designers know they can never do in a million years. Any changes we make are going to tick off someone who plays the game. We know that and we will ALWAYS err on the side that helps and makes the most players happy. When it comes to game balance it is all about what makes things work best for the most people playing the game. It's a fine line we walk and for all these years we have done a good job walking it. Many of the changes we have made in the past has cause certain players to claim it would ruin the game and no one would play. Well, every time they have been wrong and we have been right. :) We do have the experience and we see a lot of things no one else in the game ever sees.<<<

Good luck on the house, I can relate. May I suggest limiting, or eliminating the ability to leave/rejoin a team. This tactic could be considered an "exploit" by some...

The First Horseman

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:48 am 
Developer
Developer

There is a limit of 5 times you can leave and join A team. It isn't a limit on a single team. When you view the team menu it will tell you how many times you have left for joining a team. We thought about lowering the number to 3 but that wouldn't have stopped what the Horsemen were doing.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:26 am 
Trial
Trial

well guys its sorta been fun but it isnt anylong i played within my score range left the small guys alone and all i got for it was someone running to there mommy because i took 4 or 5 planets from them so they go and cry to there mommy he hurt me and i get whiped out to this extent i believe this will be a good bye i wish you all the best of luck against these people as they dont want to play fair they want to be cuddled by there mommy so they dont have to do anything themselves i dont know if there is any real way to stop this its basically like a two man team going agains a 8 man team that is 5 times the size good luck will be watching for a reset to level the playing field otherwise i dont see anyone catching up and doing anything about what they are doing or to over power them

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:41 am 
Developer
Developer

Actually I think you will find once I get the time to add what was talked about at the beginning of this thread you will see the problem go away.

I haven't looked yet but I bet the Horsemen are letting players join their team. Giving them massive amounts of cash so they can buy a huge ship and then kicking them off the team so they can bypass the team attack restrictions. Basically they are continuing their exploit in a different manner. Sadly it is players like this that ruin things for the majority of the players in ANY game.

If the Horsemen don't like the characterization then too bad, the truth hurts sometimes. :shrug:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:42 pm 

Panama Jack wrote:
Actually I think you will find once I get the time to add what was talked about at the beginning of this thread you will see the problem go away.

>>>>I haven't looked yet but I bet the Horsemen are letting players join their team. Giving them massive amounts of cash so they can buy a huge ship and then kicking them off the team so they can bypass the team attack restrictions. Basically they are continuing their exploit in a different manner. Sadly it is players like this that ruin things for the majority of the players in ANY game.

If the Horsemen don't like the characterization then too bad, the truth hurts sometimes. :shrug:
<<<<<

Actually, PJ, when you look, you will confirm that The Fourth Horseman left the team, allowing him to attack players in his range. No one else joined. And for the record, his often quoted "massive ship" is actually much smaller than Lithinars was..he actually had to attack it multiple times to destroy it.
I look forward to the proposed changes..if I continue to play, that is. It seems my aggressive/ruthless style of play is "ruining the game" for the rest of the community and I am sure many players would welcome my absence from the playing field. I do want to thank you for all your efforts to improve the game...and at least I can say that I have opened up a renewed dialog on the need for a more balanced set of game rules.
Finally, let me close by saying that you do not need to group all the Horsemen together on this, the major players in all the activity in question has been primarily myself and The Forth Horsemen. We are the "culprits" here devising strategies and implementing tactics. Oh, sry, "exploits".
Thanks for reading.
The First Horseman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:59 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Texas Outlaw wrote:
Actually, PJ, when you look, you will confirm that The Fourth Horseman left the team, allowing him to attack players in his range. No one else joined. And for the record, his often quoted "massive ship" is actually much smaller than Lithinars was..he actually had to attack it multiple times to destroy it.
I look forward to the proposed changes..if I continue to play, that is. It seems my aggressive/ruthless style of play is "ruining the game" for the rest of the community and I am sure many players would welcome my absence from the playing field. I do want to thank you for all your efforts to improve the game...and at least I can say that I have opened up a renewed dialog on the need for a more balanced set of game rules.
Finally, let me close by saying that you do not need to group all the Horsemen together on this, the major players in all the activity in question has been primarily myself and The Forth Horsemen. We are the "culprits" here devising strategies and implementing tactics. Oh, sry, "exploits".
Thanks for reading.
The First Horseman

Maybe I shouldn't comment on this, but I got a bit annoid reading this.
First: The game has set of protecting smaller player (usually new players to the AAT-game). To leave a team and let the former teammember defeat the leaving players planet with the purpose of decreasing the players score so this could attack lower player that might not (by some) be called a exploit or a teamtactics (Team tactics is a the word says tactics for a team...and not included former teammembers). I would dare to call the moves the ponies did as "Lack of game-ethics" or simply "Plain stupidity". I have to add that 3rd Horsewoman have stated that she didn't approve the moves of her former teammembers. Respect for that.

Second :My point of view; Attacking is fun within the purpose of the game and with the ethics intact. Usually that means attacking player within the normal bounty-range without using tactical moves/exploits. Being aggressive/ruthless is a playing style, but it should be done without using exploits or bending the rules in a simular way.

The all this is said, I am in a funny way greatful for the "Rule-benders", since their actions gets a focus on the "loop-holes", so in the long run we can improve the game.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:20 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Bring back sector nova bombs.

That always levels the playing field. When those were in play, no one was safe no matter how big they were.
No sector missle misses because the other guy was too big. Nova bomb their butts back to the stone age.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ash wrote:
Bring back sector nova bombs.

That always levels the playing field. When those were in play, no one was safe no matter how big they were.
No sector missle misses because the other guy was too big. Nova bomb their butts back to the stone age.

LOL, while thats a thought, that doesn't fix the problem, it actually makes it worse :) As with sector novas there is absolutely no way to defend yourself.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:59 am 
Trial
Trial

Well with Sector novas stealth becomes more important than brute strength in your sector. You can scatter planets everywhere and just make the cloaking a priority. I think there is some merit to that as it will lessen the military nature of the game itself. In conjunction with that possibly make planet cloaks slightly more effective.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:33 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

I also think Sector Novas were fun and tactical. they always had a chance of backfiring and they could take down a ton of SDs quickly. It's the Countermeasure to 200 million fighters... to which there currently is no way to beat that many without willingly forfeiting several ships.

I think everything should be able to be defended, but to the point where it takes the same amount of creds/effort to undefend it.There's always the option of increasing sector nova risk of backfiring, or the option of making it only work on SDs and Ships and not hurt all planetary techs...

anyway, I liked Sector Novas... that's just me.

...you're welcome.

Page 6 of 8 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next