It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Alien Assault Traders 0.31 Released
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:36 pm 
Developer
Developer

We are proud to announce the release of Alien Assault Traders 0.31.

There are so many new things in this release it is hard to remember them all. One of the newest features is a new Probe System where new probes can be created and added to the game at any time. This release contains all of the new probes currently being used in our Main Game.

The Admin area has had all of the modules reworked and many new ones added to help the admin manage their game.

Some of the new Admin Features are...

Dead Player Logs - When a player is killed without an escape pod all of their logs are copied to a special database table that will never be purged. This will allow the Admin to go back through any dead players logs to track down any irregularities.

Dead Player Monitor - If the Extended Admin Monitoring is enabled for a player all of the data will be transfered to a special database table when they die without an escape pod. The Extended Admin Monitoring records everything about a player included all get and post data sent to the server. This allows for easy tracking of all players action and determining if a player is cheating or using an exploit. When the player dies without an escape pod the admin will still be able to check the players data as it will never be erased.

Bounties - The admin can now view and delete bounties placed on any player in the game.

Popup Message for New Players - The admin can now have a SPECIAL message be displayed just for new players as soon as the player logs in with their new account. This message will only be displayed once. The admin can give new players special information about their server or any requirements when playing.

Send Global Email or Message to All Players or a Single Player - This is the same module that used to send a global email or in-game message to all players. It has been modified so the admin can send a message to a single player.

Send Instant Message Message - The admin can send an instant message to all players or a single player in the game. This will place a message in the players message box and show a popup indicating they have a new instant message.

Send Popup Message to all Online Players - The admin can send a popup message to all player currently on the server. This message will display as a popup for 60 seconds.

There have been many enhancements to the game over the 0.30.3 release and we STRONGLY urge every admin to upgrade to this new version of the game.

Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=149414

Post subject: Re: Alien Assault Traders 0.31 Released
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:01 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Downloading and installing now......
Thank you, thank you, thank you, :bowdown: :bowdown: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

cheers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:44 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

:( :( :(
I have downloaded a number of times and have an issue when the files are unpacked.
I run the install from the server, and then start configuring the game and get an error;
Fatal error: TPL: [in line 0]: syntax error: file 'admin/templateversion.tpl' does not exist in /home/websnzne/public_html/alf/backends/template_lite/src/class.template.php on line 970
If I try to manually unpack the game, package 1 will not unpack. All of the others do.

As anyone else managed to get an install running???

cheers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:53 pm 
Developer
Developer

I download the archive from Sourceforge and tested all of the files and they all unpacked just fine.

I even used it on the main game for the reset. I did find there is a problem as I didn't include the right md5_list.inc file.

I will re-upload in a few minutes with a new md5_list.inc. Without it the installer.php will not let you install. :p

As to your unpacking problem I don't know what to tell you.

BTW, if you are trying to install over a 0.30 game you really need to delete all of the files and directories before you run the package installer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:23 am 
Developer
Developer

I have uploaded the corrected version of the game to Sourceforge. Please try downloading this version.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:13 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Cheers, PJ.

Game is reloaded and up and running. Thanks for all of the hard work on getting this release out. :)

Cheers

http://www.websnz.net/alf is where you all may signup and start playing.

Next up will be a long awaited 'Tournament'........... Type will be open to discussion.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]