It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: April 1st Game reset
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just thought I would remind everyone that the game will be reseting on the 1st of April.

What to expect

The new ports will be in the game, but they are going to be very rare and valuable. I think we will see some new strategies relating to these ports. Hopefully trading will last a bit longer with them in the game.

Colonists limits will be raised a bit. And maybe the bonuses. I like to see a game finish near or above the 100 mill point mark and the changes with the planet limits last round made that a bit tougher.

New things coming to the game
There will be at least one new probe added perhaps 2, so be prepared for some interesting new tools.

If all goes well a surprise will be coming to the game... Can't tell you what it is yet... but will raise the evil addictiveness of the game even higher.

I want everyone to be warned in advance. The game isn't necessarily set in stone at the start. There will always be some changes that maybe happening through out the game. Usually changes are limited to bug fixes and non-game killing changes. The game is a fluid organic beast.

If your going to set a strategy of play based off of a single element of play, you may find your self in a pinch to win. The best strategy is going to be a well rounded playing style of a combination of Trader, Builder, Attacker and Defender. The overall goal is that not a single style of play can enable you to win. Skill sets and teams should cover all 4 types of play.

PJ may add to this post with any information pertinent to any changes in the game.

For those who want to know when something is added, we have added a twitter account of aatrade or in twiitter speak @aatrade we have also designated a twitter group as #aatrade not much there yet. But the plan is to use the channel to monitor game info and to post updates etc so players that monitor twitter will know when a change happens. Hopefully it will be a worthwhile tool for us.

Post subject: Re: April 1st Game reset
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 pm 

If all goes well a surprise will be coming to the game... Can't tell you what it is yet... but will raise the evil addictiveness of the game even higher.<<<<<

MORE DEBRIS... Yeah!
MORE TURNS.... DOUBLE YEAH!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:10 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

dutchintexas wrote:

Double no. Then the 3 people that want to spend 16 hours a day on the game completely dominate.
No thanks.

Besides. The game reset is on April 1st.
Who is being fooled?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kwae Zar wrote:
dutchintexas wrote:

Double no. Then the 3 people that want to spend 16 hours a day on the game completely dominate.
No thanks.

Who is being fooled?

LOL, I saw that when the game was reset last time. Figured someone might mention it... but no, I'd only post fake info for an april fools joke on april 1st. :) Another reason I posted early ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:26 pm 

Kwae Zar wrote:
dutchintexas wrote:

No thanks.

Who is being fooled?

I said TURNS, not HOURS.
I can blow through some turns in just an hour! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:41 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
Skill sets and teams should cover all 4 types of play.

Thought I'd point out that it would be worthless to have players in a team specialize, if that was the meaning of that statement...All players will have to be completely rounded (Taking away the fun aspects some people enjoy, such as pure building, etc...)

Also, other people had noticed the plan for the April 1st reset, and some had even made plans for end of round pranks....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:59 am 

I am having an issue since the reset, I am unable to transfer colonists to two different planets.

I have the colonists.
Click on the planet.
Click on transfer.
Check "To Planet"
Check "All"
Click on Transfer
it says "Transfer Completed"

Colonists do not get transferred.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]