It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Announcing the addition of Artifacts to the game.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:25 pm 
Developer
Developer

We are proud to announce the addition of Artifacts to the game. At first glance they look like they are debris but they are very different. Artifacts are constructs that were created by an alien race and seeded all across the galaxy. These constructs can be assembled into an Artifact that will give the person that collected them powerful weapons, planets, ships or anything that can be imagined.

The Artifacts are scattered all over the Galaxy. They can be found on planets, ports or just floating in space. Artifacts will never be found in an SG sector. The Artifacts have been broken into many pieces. You have to find each piece and assemble them into the completed Artifact. Artifacts can be broken into 1 or 100 pieces. Each piece of an artifact has its own Cloak Tech level. For some of the more devastating artifacts you will need to have very high Sensor Tech to detect them. You could own a planet and never see an artifact on it if your ships sensors are too low. Some artifacts are score limited so ship captains over certain ranks will never be able to detect them.

Once all pieces of an artifact have been found and the Artifact has been used another one will be broken up scattered around the Galaxy.

All artifact pieces you have collected will be carried on your ship. If you change ships the Artifacts will be moved to your new ship. If your ship is destroyed you will lose ALL Artifact pieces you had collected and they will be reseeded around the galaxy. If your ship is destroyed by another ship then the captain of that ship has a chance of picking up some of your Artifacts.

If you would like to see what Artifacts have been scattered around the Galaxy and how many pieces there are for each artifact just select Artifact List. If you are using any of the drop down menu templates you will see a new category labeled Commands. Artifact List will be located there.

The initial artifacts are as follows...

Dreadnought Artifact - This Artifact will summon a Stripped-Down Federation Battle Cruiser. The Battle Cruiser has 400 tech levels and can be upgraded to 900. The Battle Cruiser will NOT include fighters, mines, armor, energy, mine deflectors, escape pod or any other device. When summoned the Battle Cruiser will appear in storage on your Home Planet. If you don't have a home planet a based planet will be randomly picked to store the Battle Cruiser. There are a total of 30 pieces that need to be found. Once all pieces are found the Battle Cruiser will be summoned.

Max Cloak Artifact - This Artifact will allow you to increase the Cloak Tech of any single ship to the maximum allowed for that ship class to a maximum of 400. There are a total of 5 pieces that need to be found. Once all pieces are found you can select the ship to upgrade through the Artifact List command.

Mega Planet Artifact - This Artifact will create a Mega Planet in a single planet Realspace Sector. The planet will have 400 levels on techs, 60% of the maximum number of supported colonists and 300% energy production. The fourth commodity will be Ship Hulls. There are a total of 30 pieces that need to be found. Once all pieces are found the Mega Planet will be created.

Sector Nova Artifact - This Artifact will set off a Sector Nova in any Non-Federation sector, Non-SG sector that the player has visited or scanned. The Sector Nova will destroy massive numbers of Sector Defenses, damage all planets and ships in the sector. There are a total of 10 pieces that need to be found. Once all pieces are found you can select the sector to attack through the Artifact List command.

When the game resets on the 1st of July will will have 3-4 more Artifacts added to the game.

Post subject: Re: Announcing the addition of Artifacts to the game.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:38 pm 
Developer
Developer

Would be nice to find... ;)

Attachments:
File comment: Mega Planet Artifact Completed
2009-06-15_151129.jpg
2009-06-15_151129.jpg [ 174.29 KiB | Viewed 26952 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 am 
Trial
Trial

Is it possible to have the spies on enemy ships see the artifacts as well? They can see pretty much everything else.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okita wrote:
Is it possible to have the spies on enemy ships see the artifacts as well? They can see pretty much everything else.

Well not really necessary since you can see what people pickup in the news. And you can't drop the artifacts so its a pretty sure thing you have one if the news says you do ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:36 am 
Trial
Trial

That may be true, however people who join in mid-game probably won't go back through 45 days worth of news to see who had an artifact and who doesn't. Even if they did, does the news tell you if they've actually used the artifacts?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:49 am 
Developer
Developer

If it's a delayed use Artifact like the Sector Nova or Max Cloak then no you don't know when they use it. The others are used as soon as they are completed. We might add a news report when a delayed use artifact is finally used. This is one reason why we added them at this point in the game. In a mature game it lets us see if they need tweaked. We have made a number of changes since they were introduced and may be even more before the reset. We want everything worked out before then so we can release the game as a new download at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:16 pm 
Developer
Developer

There are two new artifacts that have just been created. They will not appear until the game resets in a few days.

Here they are...

Attachments:
2009-06-22_151421.jpg
2009-06-22_151421.jpg [ 69.85 KiB | Viewed 26895 times ]
2009-06-22_151444.jpg
2009-06-22_151444.jpg [ 54.87 KiB | Viewed 26895 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm 
Developer
Developer

The Sol Recovery Artifact

Attachments:
2009-06-22_154130.jpg
2009-06-22_154130.jpg [ 62.02 KiB | Viewed 26893 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm 
Developer
Developer

The Based Planet Artifact

Attachments:
2009-06-22_172908.jpg
2009-06-22_172908.jpg [ 68.04 KiB | Viewed 26889 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:18 am 
Trial
Trial

1. We have many players at which on one or two artefacts. My offer in that somehow to make trade between players with artefacts. It is possible?

2. How level of sensor controls influences possibility to see artefacts? Whether for example if at me level 200 and I do not see an artefact at an input in sector that I have seen it if I would have a level 300 (350)?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:57 pm 
Developer
Developer

ScHunter wrote:
1. We have many players at which on one or two artefacts. My offer in that somehow to make trade between players with artefacts. It is possible?

2. How level of sensor controls influences possibility to see artefacts? Whether for example if at me level 200 and I do not see an artefact at an input in sector that I have seen it if I would have a level 300 (350)?

Number 1 is not going to happen. You would see teams trading artifacts to get certain players on that team a completed artifact. Single players wouldn't have a chance. So trading is not going to happen.

Each artifact piece has it's own cloak value the more valuable the piece the higher the cloak value and no you will not be able to scan artifacts to see their cloak value. :) The cloak for the artifacts works just like the cloak on a ship.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:05 pm 
Trial
Trial

no i mean if i have sensor 300 than find i more artifacts as with sensor 200?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:53 pm 
Developer
Developer

Again...

Quote:
Each artifact piece has it's own cloak value the more valuable the piece the higher the cloak value and no you will not be able to scan artifacts to see their cloak value. The cloak for the artifacts works just like the cloak on a ship.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ScHunter wrote:

You want their artifacts, your going to have to attack them. They lose the ship to you, and there is a chance you will get those artifacts. Artifacts were not designed to be easy to complete, they will take time and work. The power artifacts brings into the game makes it possibe to do things you couldn't do before so.... its going to take some real effort to complete them, some you may never complete, or they may take most of the game. You have to remember to protect yourself at all times as if someone knows you have artifacts it automatically puts a target on your back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:28 pm 
Trial
Trial

Can you find artefacts if you ship is damaged?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next