It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Version .40 topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alf wrote:

Tarnus, still can't access or post to the ver .40 section of the forum.

cheers

You may need to beat PJ over the head on that one. He set it up and may have done something odd on the permissions. It was in moderation status before but isn't any longer so you should be able to post to that topic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:03 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Panama Jack wrote:
Well, I am back from vacation but the wireless on my laptop died today. :p Won't have a replacement card until friday or saturday. :(

Sigh...

I am working on getting things finished. Just taking longer on the quick fix, oxymoron, for the maxcloak.

Well this has sparked my interest, and who knows... maybe with a new laptop I may return.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:38 pm 
Developer
Developer

Ok, we have finished with the changes to the Max Cloak Device. It required creating a new global function and modifying quite a bit of game code.

The great thing about change is how much it broadens the use of ship devices.

Any ship tech level can now be modified by a device. Here are some of the things this change now supports.

A Defensive Shield Device that's a single use device. It would boost a ships shields to 600 and give maximum energy for a single attack.

A Defensive Beam Device where you have massive beams for one time when being attacked.

Or something even more evil, a Shield Disrupter. It would disrupt an enemy players shields to a lower level.

There are many possibilities. We will be using some of these new device ideas to develop Research & Build. So we might just have R&B sooner than people think. :D

The changes have been uploaded to the Main Game and if there are no problems for 24 hours we will release this version for people to download.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:35 pm 
Trial
Trial

Tarnus wrote:
Man 170 is low, you were losing production as you can get those planets much higher and make much better production. I had planets with 1-3 tril and was making killer credits with less planets.

Does the tech levels of the planet effect the rate at which a planet produces credits? or does it only effect the number of colonists that the planet can hold?

Im still pretty new to AAT so this may seem obvious to others but I haven't seen it anywhere in the forums

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:13 pm 
Developer
Developer

The avg tech affects the number of colonists. Planets produce credits at the same rate no matter the tech. The production percentage is how many colonists will be making credits.

If you have 10,000 colonists and the credit production is set to 50% then 5,000 colonists will make credits. It takes 67 colonists to make 1 credit so those 5,000 colonists will make 74 credits every 5 minutes.

If you have 1,000,000 colonists and credit production is set to 50% then 500,000 colonists will make credits. So those 500,000 will make 7,463 credits every 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sparkes9669 wrote:
Tarnus wrote:
Man 170 is low, you were losing production as you can get those planets much higher and make much better production. I had planets with 1-3 tril and was making killer credits with less planets.

Does the tech levels of the planet effect the rate at which a planet produces credits? or does it only effect the number of colonists that the planet can hold?

Im still pretty new to AAT so this may seem obvious to others but I haven't seen it anywhere in the forums

Note: there are also credit production bonuses. The closer you can keep your planet full of credits the more credit it makes. The current bonus is 13 so credits will get up to a 13 X boost the closer you are to 100% max credits.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:41 pm 

I know I could of done better with higher credit production. But I had a good steady flow of income and it allowed me to remain small. Then towards the end of the round you jack your score up. By that point you have all the planets you need with max colos on them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:42 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

So the new max cloak device will increase a person's cloak by a certain number of levels?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
So the new max cloak device will increase a person's cloak by a certain number of levels?

It doesnt effect your score, but its like runnin around with a 400 cloak.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:51 pm 
Developer
Developer

Tarnus wrote:
Valience wrote:

It doesnt effect your score, but its like runnin around with a 400 cloak.

Or the max cloak supported by that ship class. If the ship class doesn't go up to or over 400 then it will be what the maximum that class supports.

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2