It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Alien Assault Traders 0.40 Released
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:50 pm 
Developer
Developer

It has been 10 months since our last release of AATrade. It has been so long I bet some people thought the development of the game had been abandoned. :)

The game has gone though a huge metamorphosis with many core code changes. Most of the things in the game like Probes, Dignitaries, Spies and the new Artifacts have been converted to Classes. This allows us to easily create and add more of those items to the game. We have also been creating many new probes that really enhance the game.

One of the other big changes has been the addition of Artifacts. Artifacts are items created by an Ancient Race not affiliated with the Federation or Alliance. All Artifacts are beneficial to all players as this Ancient Race is trying to help mankind advance. You will never find a bad Artifact. Each artifact is broken into 1 to over 30 pieces depending on the value of the artifact to the players. The Artifact pieces each have their own Cloak Tech and may be hard to detect as they are so small. The more valuable the piece the higher the cloak tech. Artifacts can be found on Planets, Ports or floating in space. The Artifacts range from a simple one that will transport a newbie player to the safety of Sol if they get trapped to the Dreadnought Battle Cruiser.

We have also added 10 new commodities to the game and they can make HUGE profits in the game. Some require large ship hulls to transport but have HUGE credit returns. Some planets might get lucky enough to be able to build Ship Hulls and they can get TRILLIONS in profit for each one built.

One of the big changes Game Admins will like is the game will report all end of game statistics when a game ends to our Profile Server. Player will be able to the ranking and all results for any game as they will be stored on the Main Website and accessible by anyone. Players who link their Main Website Profile to the game they are playing will have completed games stored in their profile and they will be linked to the end of game results.

All AATrade 0.40 games that are shown on our Server List will have a new feature. When any one mouse overs the server information a popup will appear listing the current top 20 players on that server.

There are so many new features and changes to the game to accurately list here. The game has really gone though some massive changes and we are very proud to release it to the public. The wait will have been worth it. :D

We look forward to seeing more AATrade 0.40 servers appearing on the server list.

PS: This is the final release before the long awaited Research & Build. The 0.40 release is FINAL and only major bug fixes, if any, will be released. Look forward to the AATrade 1.00 Beta on our Main Website in about 3 months.

To download the game click on the Downloads link on the Main Website.

Post subject: Re: Alien Assault Traders 0.40 Released
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:23 pm 

1.00...it seemed like only a dream 6 years ago when i joined :'(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Cheers, PJ.
Code downloaded, install and game is up and running.

http://nztraders.jndhost.co.uk/aat40/

All are invited to join, just be nice to my students. :)

cheers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:12 am 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

PJ, Is there anything that I need to do to get the artifacts to work?
Nobody has found any and when I check in the database, there are none listed in the artifact table.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alf wrote:
PJ, Is there anything that I need to do to get the artifacts to work?
Nobody has found any and when I check in the database, there are none listed in the artifact table.

Cheers

They are on a scheduler and should toss them out once that schedule triggers. Usually happens once a day if I remember right. If you just started the server you may need to wait 24 hours before they show up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:45 am 
Developer
Developer

What you downloaded is exactly what is running on the Tournament from Hell server. I created the package files, deleted all of the files on the Tourney Server, deleted all of the Tourney Server database tables and uploaded the package files and install program.

I ran the install to let it unpack everything and went through the entire setup just as if I was someone installing a new game. It ran great and installed perfectly. So I zipped the file up and uploaded it to source forge.

I checked the artifact table on the Tourney Server before I wrote this and the table is full of artifacts.

So I don't know what to tell you.

As Tarnus said there is a minimum of a 24 hour delay after the cron is started before artifacts are placed in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:32 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

PJ, there is a problem. I reset the artifact shedule so that I could see it run and this is the error:

Artifact Rebuild Started

Fatal error: Call to a member function RecordCount() on a non-object in /home/nztrader/public_html/aat40/scheduler/sched_artifacts.inc on line 31

Any ideas???

cheers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:00 pm 
Developer
Developer

Crap I see the problem. :p I am an idiot.

I bet you aren't using the default prefix of aatrade_ for the database tables. I forgot to put the prefix variable on one of the table names.

Look for aatrade_universe on line 28 and change it to {$db_prefix}universe or download the attached file and replace the sched_artifacts.inc.

Attachments:
File comment: fixed file
sched_artifacts.inc [1.98 KiB]
Downloaded 1305 times

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:16 pm 
Developer
Developer

As a side note we have decided to come out with a 0.41 release before we start work on the other new changes.

The 0.41 release will finally have ALL of the files in the game templated. Right now there are maybe a couple dozen files that have never been templated and this need to be done before we move on to the really big 1.00 changes.

So instead of making everyone wait for ever we decided it might be best to give something that isn't major this time. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:24 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Another problem that I now have is that I don't of permissions to alter, overwrite or change any files. :(

I have followed the install to the letter other than the database prefix. I only have one database and there was already other games running.

It looks like the install sets up the permissions, but I can't alter those. %&*%$#
Once you have updated the download code, then I will run a back up of the database and reinstall the new code.

cheers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:20 pm 
Developer
Developer

Just download the install package I uploaded at the same time as the fix on source forge. It will be called a re-release. Then run the install package on your existing game. It will not destroy anything but it will install the fixed file. :) When it offers the link to the installer.php just close the window and you are done.

One of the nice things about using an install package but it does have the drawback of having to upload almost 30 meg of data just for one file.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:58 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

PJ, you are a Wizard. :D

Update done and artifacts are now working.

Thanks heaps.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:41 pm 
Developer
Developer

No problem. :) We TRY to make things easy. Sometimes we succeed. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:06 pm 
Trial
Trial

When i login to game on my own server i recieve message
"
Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid.
Received:
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: create_game in <b>/store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/global_chat.php</b> on line <b>2</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/global_chat.php:2) in <b>/store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/global_chat.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><xjx><cmd n="al"><![CDATA[** PHP Error Messages: **
----
[WARNING] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/global_chat.php:2)
error in line 507 of file /store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/backends/phpfreechat/lib/xajax_0.2.3/xajax.inc.php]]></cmd></xjx>"

for exclude this warning i am comment 3 lines in start of global_chat.php
"
<?php
#if((!isset($_SESSION['session_player_id'])) && $create_game != 1)
#{
session_start();
#}
"
Is this correct?
P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 pm 
Trial
Trial

When i login to game on my own server i recieve message
"
Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid.
Received:
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: create_game in <b>/store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/global_chat.php</b> on line <b>2</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/global_chat.php:2) in <b>/store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/global_chat.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><xjx><cmd n="al"><![CDATA[** PHP Error Messages: **
----
[WARNING] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/global_chat.php:2)
error in line 507 of file /store/www/myserver.biz/aat.myserver.biz/backends/phpfreechat/lib/xajax_0.2.3/xajax.inc.php]]></cmd></xjx>"

for exclude this warning i am comment 3 lines in start of global_chat.php
"
<?php
#if((!isset($_SESSION['session_player_id'])) && $create_game != 1)
#{
session_start();
#}
"
Is this correct?
P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]