It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Main game changes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's come to our attention that players have been using the new commodities to basically give a team unlimited team cash.

This is going away later this week. It doesn't do us any good to limit team cash when a team can do the same thing by trading commodities among their teams planets. So the fix is you will only be able to transfer commodities to and from planets you own. Teammates will no longer be able to do this or help you.
This should level the playing field as a huge team will no longer have this advantage.

The other fix will be that you will only be able to store ships on planets you own. This is something we thought was done long ago, but apparently we missed it.

Sorry for the in game change we felt it was necessary for balanced play.

Post subject: Re: Main game changes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 am 

I agree, it's not right someone can buy a big ship without owning so much as a single planet, or keep score down by having a special commodity planet, trading the commodities away to a team mate, to keep score down. For those of us who prefer not to be on a team, there's no way to beat that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:08 am 
Trial
Trial

I understand the change that is comming.

Have you considered allowing some cash / commodity share between team memebers. Seems like when I started there was a daily transfer limit tied to your net worth.

I agree that unlimited transfer is bad for the game but without some transfer available there is not a lot of reason to have a team other than defense to sleep behind. I just propose that there may be some middle ground available.

Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Tarnus, you mean it has just come to your attention recently ? It didn't come to your attention over the past year; where it had been done repeatedly ? :lol: thats awsome. I am sorry about shouting sometimes. I'm certainly not actually pissed off all the time like it seems.

I have noticed that a mate can't take commodities off another teammates planet, so what this leads me to believe is that a lot of these special commodity planets that were supposed to be rare, aren't. Perhaps research and build would have been the better route to go in order to produce rare items.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 am 
Trial
Trial

I been playing alone most resets before this one, and always been destroyed by top team (ussually Gunslinger`s team). This is the first reset where i created a team and so far successfuly implemented our strategy. So from my side it doesnt look really fair to introduce these changes in middle of the game, with one week notice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sirmais wrote:
I been playing alone most resets before this one, and always been destroyed by top team (ussually Gunslinger`s team). This is the first reset where i created a team and so far successfuly implemented our strategy. So from my side it doesnt look really fair to introduce these changes in middle of the game, with one week notice.

I don't like to do this either, but its more of a balance issue. Afterall we took team cash away, and using commodities off of team mates planets negates that fix, this is why we are changing it. I wish I had noticed it a few games ago but I didn't primarily because when I play I often play as a single player as well. We can't catch em all but we try to.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A-Blitz wrote:
Tarnus, you mean it has just come to your attention recently ? It didn't come to your attention over the past year; where it had been done repeatedly ? :lol: thats awsome. I am sorry about shouting sometimes. I'm certainly not actually pissed off all the time like it seems.

I have noticed that a mate can't take commodities off another teammates planet, so what this leads me to believe is that a lot of these special commodity planets that were supposed to be rare, aren't. Perhaps research and build would have been the better route to go in order to produce rare items.

Right now a team mate can take commodities off a planet. BTW, yes the planets are rare, as I have yet to get one myself yet. Many others more than likely got them early when the game first started and all those empty planets were out there. As the game progresses they are even rarer. I actually have some other fixes I am thinking of but do not want to do them till the reset.

Again, if you see an issue, PM us. We are open to ideas and suggestions. I hate finding this out multiple resets down the line.

Post subject: Main game changes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 am 
Trial
Trial

dutchintexas wrote:
I agree, it's not right someone can buy a big ship without owning so much as a single planet, or keep score down by having a special commodity planet, trading the commodities away to a team mate, to keep score down. For those of us who prefer not to be on a team, there's no way to beat that.

well as i remember on the reset which ended on 1st of October last year, you and your team was fine with that. Seems youre so concerned because this round you actually strugle with game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:57 am 

Actually, I haven't joined a team in many, MANY resets, so I am not sure where you get your information.

As for struggling, nah. I'm right where I want to be. Trust me, If I wanted to be up in rankings, I would be. I've done it over and over and over again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bazsil wrote:
I understand the change that is comming.

Have you considered allowing some cash / commodity share between team memebers. Seems like when I started there was a daily transfer limit tied to your net worth.

I agree that unlimited transfer is bad for the game but without some transfer available there is not a lot of reason to have a team other than defense to sleep behind. I just propose that there may be some middle ground available.

Thanks for listening.

Sorry I missed your post. Alot of people were posting all the sudden. Yes the daily transfer limit should be in effect like it always has so you can transfer those. The primary change will relate to high value commodities. They just really skew game play. I am not saying there is anything wrong with what was being done. It pretty much gave teams with many new commodity planets a huge advantage as they could use the commodities to leverage their attacks and not worry about the damage they may take. This is why many players are sleeping is sol. Its next to impossible to protect yourself from a team that is able to do that. Doesn't make it too fair for a team starting out to be destroyed by a large team feeding their smaller team mate unlimited funds via commodity transfers.

If you have a better solution I am willing to listen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:39 am 

IMHO Team Euberones has done an excellent job of dominating the game. Near monopoly on special commods, very tough defenses and strong attacking ships across a wide score range. My hat is off to them, nice work! They did everything right this round.
As much as it pains me (I like to dominate) I have to agree with the changes coming. To be fair to Team Euberones, I'd propose making the change at next reset. We all hate mid-round changes and the finger pointing that those changes cause.
My two cents, ty.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:15 pm 
Trial
Trial

At first i dont feel feeded by teammates as i took great part findig, taking from others and protecting special planets when they where unoccupied and unprofitable.

Also i think that the problem wont be solved with these changes. Still, i can have special planet in sector where my teamamte owns three or four planets and upgrading defences on them. My planet will be worth only couple billions and wont affect my score.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sirmais wrote:
At first i dont feel feeded by teammates as i took great part findig, taking from others and protecting special planets when they where unoccupied and unprofitable.

Also i think that the problem wont be solved with these changes. Still, i can have special planet in sector where my teamamte owns three or four planets and upgrading defences on them. My planet will be worth only couple billions and wont affect my score.

Yes, but its YOUR planet. Sure a team mate can help protect it, but you do not benefit from having the ability to use a team mates commodities. And your teammates will have to spend credits to help defend it. Your limited by how much effort you put into protecting that planet and what it produces.

I have some ideas I am kickin around for some additional changes, but they will wait for a reset.

Besides, if you don't think it will effect you much then why are you so worried about it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:34 pm 
Trial
Trial

Tarnus wrote:

Besides, if you don't think it will effect you much then why are you so worried about it?

cos its coming unexpected and in the middle of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:39 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

edit

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next