It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Public Beta -- Need volunteers ASAP -- Repost
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Update: The Sector Defense Mine Code and Mine Deflector Code has drastically changed in the Beta. Please read this before playing!

The minimum hull size for mines to detect has been changed to 201. This is a combination of the base hull you can't see and the purchased hull. This means all pioneers and stealths will bypass ALL mines. Any other ship will start hitting them. The number of mines a ship will detect is based upon the combination of the hidden basehull and the purchased hull. Larger class ship and/or larger hulls will attract more mines. You will no longer hit a random number of all mines in the sector.

There is no longer a 1-for-1 exchange between mines and deflectors. It takes MANY deflectors to destroy a single mine.

Mines are now directly tied to the Sector Defense Weapons Tech Level on planets just the same as Fighters. You are limited to how many mines you can place based upon all planets tech levels. If you have 1 planet with a tech level that allows 1 million mines then a sector with 5 planets of the same tech can have 5 million mines. You can no longer place as many mines in a sector as you are used to in older versions. To compensate for fewer mines they are now very,very hard to kill and will absorb a large number of deflectors before being destroyed.

Mine Deflectors are now tied directly to the Torpedo Launcher Tech Level on your ship. The higher the tech the more Mine Deflectors you can carry. It now takes MANY deflectors to destroy a single mine.

Mines will no longer hit a ships shields before hitting the armor. Mines will completely bypass shields and hit ship armor if they bypass the mine deflectors.

We have opened the Beta Game for public play. The Beta Game contains new combat code and templates that will be in the Main Game when it resets on October 1st. Every one should join the game and test out the new combat so you are familiar with it when the game resets.

Starting player settings:

Default/Starting Ship: Voyager
Starting Credits: 100,000,000,000
Starting/Max Turns: 1,000

The game starts with only 2,000 sectors for up close and personal combat. Almost EVERY SECTOR has a planet that can be captured..

There are a number of goals we are looking to achieve though this Beta.

1. Testing of Ship to Ship Combat
2. Testing of Ship to Planet Combat
3. Testing of Planet Nova Bomb
4. Testing of Sofa Bombing
5. Testing of Attack & Run
6. Testing of Straight attack of Sector Defense against only Fighters (not A&R)
7. Testing of Straight attack of Sector Defense against only Mines (not A&R)
8. Testing of Straight attack of Sector Defense against Fighters and Mines combined (not A&R)
9. Testing of Sector Nova

All of these attacks have been changed in some way. Some were small and some were big. The Ship to Ship and Ship to planet had the biggest changes in how the attacks work.

During a S2S/S2P combat there will be new combat exchanges and orders. The failure of weapons is now calculated well before each combat exchange. The old combat system would calculate failure for the attacker, then attack and then target would calculate failure and then attack. Both attacker and defender during the defense portion of the attacks would be defending as if there were no failures even if there were. An example is the attacker has a fighter launch failure and only launches 50% of their fighters. With the old combat the target would be attacked by 50% of the enemy fighters but when they attacked the enemy fighters back all 100% of the fighters would defend just as if they had launched instead of failed.

In the old code when you had failures of any weapon you LOST all of the failed items. If 50% of your fighters didn't launch you lost them. Now they stay on your ship.

There have been many other changes to fix odd logic failures so the combat results may be different from what you are expecting. Please test everything so we can see how the changes are working out.

Thanks,
PJ and Tarnus

Post subject: Re: Public Beta -- Need volunteers ASAP -- Repost
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:34 pm 

C'mon folks! Jump into the Beta and raise some hell. 10,000 turns refilled rapidly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:18 am 
Gamer
Gamer

I'm going to assume that you've lowered the cost of deflectors in comparison to mines?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Max Griswald wrote:
I'm going to assume that you've lowered the cost of deflectors in comparison to mines?

Nope, in fact, I think it is even worse...Hmmm, spend 6b credits on mine deflectors that don't even take out 100k mines (My armor took out more than the deflectors did...)

Already the cost of deflectors is 4x the cost of a mine (If you buy it, instead of growing them for free on a planet.) coupled with the fact that 1 mine takes out over 10k deflectors, and you are looking at having exactly ZERO reason to own deflectors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All determined on the sector you were attacking. Besides you wont be able to have a billion mines out there anymore.

There will be some major game changes coming. Both good and bad, but game play should be more interesting. Had a good lunch with PJ. Now if we can keep him from being distracted with real life. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
All determined on the sector you were attacking. Besides you wont be able to have a billion mines out there anymore.

There will be some major game changes coming. Both good and bad, but game play should be more interesting. Had a good lunch with PJ. Now if we can keep him from being distracted with real life. :)

I've hit 120 mines in a dozen sectors or more and lost 260-300k deflectors each time (Even though there are no planets in the sectors.) I've also hit 2.5m mines in a sector and lost 60m deflectors and taken a bunch of armor damage. I think you guys are freaking crazy or stupid to have deflectors be so worthless, with the money I've spent on deflectors I could have just increased my armor to 350 and just hull-tanked the damage rather than try to mitigate it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:42 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Another problem is of course you can create big planets, make sd,mines, and then blow them up thereby leaving a field anyway. But its the beta so thats why we postin ideas :) If this were already setup in main, everyone would lose ships and more deaths.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:08 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

NO i think what is fucking stupid (or not thought out well enough) Mr. Griswald is some of the other additions that help a bunch of fucking AAT scrubs (Not you :lol:) get somewhere. For instance ever since ATT version 4, or whenever they made the changes to include the SPECIAL planets and to a lesser extent, artifacts, you have a bunch of Texan retards trying to make everyones AAT experience miserable.

I dunno, I got more to say but haven't thought it through yet so no edit for now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A-Blitz wrote:
NO i think what is fucking stupid (or not thought out well enough) Mr. Griswald is some of the other additions that help a bunch of fucking AAT scrubs (Not you :lol:) get somewhere. For instance ever since ATT version 4, or whenever they made the changes to include the SPECIAL planets and to a lesser extent, artifacts, you have a bunch of Texan retards trying to make everyones AAT experience miserable.

I dunno, I got more to say but haven't thought it through yet so no edit for now.

Well its not so much the special planets and artifacts as it is time to play. Some people have more time than others. We are working on alot of different ideas to combat this stuff however we have also discussed we are starting to make way too many rules and crippling players so they can't really do much in the game regardless of size. We are working up a few solutions but I don't expect them to come to fruition for a while. One of the first changes that will occur will be the universe size is going to change, its going to be alot tougher to real space instantly from one place to another no matter how big your ship is. Players will have to rely on warp links to jump around space and even those will be more rare. (Note these are the beginnings of some major game changes) Also Fed bounties will go away... now before you get all excited... they will be gone, but expect to get attacked by the fed hard and often if you are one to intentionally hit smaller players.... we are also working on some other stuff, but its all mainly brainstorming. PJ has been out of pocket a bit so not sure how quicky alot of these changes will occur. You will more than likely see them in a alpha/beta game of some sort before they get to the main... they will be such huge changes that we will probably stir people up for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:49 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Hmmm? I just skim read.... So an effective mine field should also a "dummy" planet with sector defences and sector scanners?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lucky Starr wrote:
Hmmm? I just skim read.... So an effective mine field should also a "dummy" planet with sector defences and sector scanners?

Yes, much more effective that way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:19 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

shipyard.php isn't allowing access here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:30 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Another thing that is really STUPID is that it is impossible to pay a bounty just because its a F****stupid "ALLIANCE BOUNTY" . Look people, if you want to try to make the game unplayable for all but a certain few, you doing a real good job at it so far. Get rid of the alliance bounty or at least make it to where you can access some kind of trading ship OR SOME way to pay it. Does no good to have this in game anyways when most of the time people get kills without this coming into effect; which this was meant to help cure I guess... butit doesn't.

edit: I'm going to edit this because the final fact is that if you don't want to get rid of the alliance bounty, that is great I guess but there is no arguing over whether it is stupid not to leave a way out. Your confined to current ship and can't even make a repair or at least get more hull in that ship.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If ya read earlier we are killing ways to pay off bounties. The beta has the start of the changes. If you get a bounty the fed will attack you till its paid off by those attacks. Way too many people getting intentional bounties with no consequence as they can pay them off instantly with their commodities.

Alot of changes coming down the path... some people will like others I am not sure yet all in the effort to let the game take care of itself.

Please help us with bugs by posting them in the bug reports. Easier for us to track and fix. That's why we have that software in place.

Here is the link if ya couldn't find it http://www.aatraders.com/bugtrack

Note: AB, please keep the language clean. Younger people read this forum. I dont like having to edit peoples posts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:35 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Quote:
Note: AB, please keep the language clean. Younger people read this forum. I dont like having to edit peoples posts.

I second that..... Drink Whiskey, Smoke Cigars, and dream about loose women.

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next