It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:02 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please help me, allways smarty error
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:09 am 
hello,

i have installed the game. its all right, smarty installed, adobd installed, php version is right, mysql version is right. i can create the sektors, but wenn i go to to continue Create Universe i have a error:

http://www.web172.webbox180.server-home ... iverse.php
PASSWORD: mirjana

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file './templates_c//%%110/%%1106396952/407a779022822' in /var/www/web172/html/aatrade/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1042

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file ./templates_c//%%110/%%1106396952/header.tpl.php because No such file or directory in /var/www/web172/html/aatrade/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1575

Warning: fetch(./templates_c//%%110/%%1106396952/header.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web172/html/aatrade/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1158

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening './templates_c//%%110/%%1106396952/header.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/web172/html/aatrade/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1158

what can i do?

i thank you
mik

Post subject: Re: Please help me, allways smarty error
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:15 am 
Mik wrote:
hello,

i have installed the game. its all right, smarty installed, adobd installed, php version is right, mysql version is right. i can create the sektors, but wenn i go to to continue Create Universe i have a error:

http://web172.webbox180.server-home.net ... iverse.php
PASSWORD: mirjana

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file './templates_c//%%110/%%1106396952/407a779022822' in /var/www/web172/html/aatrade/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1042

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file ./templates_c//%%110/%%1106396952/header.tpl.php because No such file or directory in /var/www/web172/html/aatrade/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1575

Warning: fetch(./templates_c//%%110/%%1106396952/header.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web172/html/aatrade/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1158

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening './templates_c//%%110/%%1106396952/header.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/web172/html/aatrade/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1158

what can i do?

i thank you
mik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like your permissions are not set right.... Templates_c needs to be owned by the webserver or needs to be set to chmod 777.

Or if they are your system does not like to create dir so you will need to turn that option off in the config.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:38 am 
Hello,

thank you. the chmod its ok, i have 777.

please tell me what i to do.
in config from smarty under "libs" -> "Config_File.class.php"

i have four options:
class Config_File {
/**#@+
* Options
* @var boolean
*/
/**
* Controls whether variables with the same name overwrite each other.
*/
var $overwrite = true;

/**
* Controls whether config values of on/true/yes and off/false/no get
* converted to boolean values automatically.
*/
var $booleanize = true;

/**
* Controls whether hidden config sections/vars are read from the file.
*/
var $read_hidden = true;

/**
* Controls whether or not to fix mac or dos formatted newlines.
* If set to true, \r or \r\n will be changed to \n.
*/
var $fix_newlines = true;
/**#@-*/

or in other configß

SORRY; MY ENGLISH IS SMALL

THANK YOU
MIK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:07 am 
HELLO;

its great, :D 1000 thanks, now is the playing going.

mik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank for the input Red Dragon... I've been a bit busy with Real life so PJ has had to do most of the tech support as of yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:10 pm 
Developer
Developer

Rusty that only pertains to the FAQ and not the game itself.

Oh and it is NOT a bug in Smarty but more along the lines of a server admin being TOO hyper when it comes to security and not allowing programs to create/delete their own directories. I really get irritated when someone calls something a bug when it really isn't.

There is a use_directories variable in the setup_default.ini that can be changed that will allow the game to work on a server that has been setup to PREVENT the creation/deletion of directories by PHP code.

Version 0.22 will check to see if the admin of the server has disabled the ability of PHP programs creating/deleteing directories (an admin has to change this in the php.ini as the default settings allow PHP programs to create and delete their own directories). The create_universe.php will set the use_directories variable accordingly.

But until then all a person has to do is edit the setup_default.ini.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:59 am 
Developer
Developer

That is probably because you have ownership set differently for your test.

Because if a normal PHP script can create directories then smarty CAN as well. We know as we have tried different variations. Adding directory permissions to mkdir will not make a difference in whether or not smarty is ALLOWED to make directories.

You definatelly have a permissions problem when it comes to allowing the creation of directories.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]