It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:43 am


The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page


 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Web Based IRC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:39 pm 
Developer
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:07 pm
Posts: 2930
Well, our old web based IRC script up and died on us. So we have installed a new browser based IRC Client.

You can find the access to it through our website. Or you can bookmark this direct link IRC. Just enter a login name and you will be taken directly to our IRC Channel.

IRC is an online chat system where you can talk to anyone in a room realtime. Sometimes we are idling in our room so just stop on by and hang out with us or ask questions. If we don't answer immediately it could mean we are away from the computer and busy.

This new java applet is very full featured and offers many things you would expect from a program like mIRC (a stand alon IRC client).


Last edited by Panama Jack on Sun May 08, 2005 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:19 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:34 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Boise Idaho U.S.A.
looks like ur new irc dont work either......or is it just me?



_________________
Rogue Assault Leader
http://www.rogue-radio.com
http://www.rogue-assault-traders.com/
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:17 pm
Posts: 2619
Gvar wrote:
looks like ur new irc dont work either......or is it just me?


Yes its you. I just checked and it works perfectly. It could be your not allowing java applets to execute in your browser... that or your browser does not like the applet. IRC clients actually work better though so I'd suggest something like MIRC.. course I use trillian for everything but everyone seems to like mirc real well.

Ya know by being combative all the time does not help in solving problems. I know you and PJ have your issues but as far as I'm concerned if there is a problem and you ask a question we have always answered it. I have been out of pocket as of yet taking care of Real Life Matters (IE the death of my parents ) So coming back and seeing attitude does not impress me much.

Please try to be more constructive and we will try to answer your questions and problems as best as we can.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:03 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:34 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Boise Idaho U.S.A.
ok
to be specific

browser 1 is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 Java Enabled

Result: 404 error page not found (from the link in pjs announcement - http://aatraders.com/areaindex/IRC )

browser 2 is Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106 w/current updates and java enabled

Result: 404 error page not found (from the link in pjs announcement - http://aatraders.com/areaindex/IRC)


also tried Mirc 614 (downloaded today) went to #aatrade got an empty room (no nothing in it....no ppl, no greeting message, nothing...is this right?)

to address my "combativeness" it is directed towards PJ solely ...
from my very 1st post he's treated myself (and many others) as if we are retarded idiots...this offends me....i came for help an was told im an idiot....so be it.

and yes you Tarnus have been helpful to me.....(even through your time of pain..which i had no clue about, an i send my deepest sympathies to you and yours...)
"Grieve not for me..Rejoice for i have passed not into death, but into the eternal love of our Lord"

Gvar



_________________
Rogue Assault Leader
http://www.rogue-radio.com
http://www.rogue-assault-traders.com/
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:17 pm
Posts: 2619
Gvar wrote:
ok
to be specific

browser 1 is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 Java Enabled

Result: 404 error page not found (from the link in pjs announcement - http://aatraders.com/areaindex/IRC )

browser 2 is Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106 w/current updates and java enabled

Result: 404 error page not found (from the link in pjs announcement - http://aatraders.com/areaindex/IRC)



OMG thats an old old link. Here is the correct one: http://aatraders.com/irc.php

Strange as Both PJ and me and usually creeper man are logged in at any one time.... what server settings did you set??
Quote:
to address my "combativeness" it is directed towards PJ solely ...
from my very 1st post he's treated myself (and many others) as if we are retarded idiots...this offends me....i came for help an was told im an idiot....so be it.

and yes you Tarnus have been helpful to me.....(even through your time of pain..which i had no clue about, an i send my deepest sympathies to you and yours...)
"Grieve not for me..Rejoice for i have passed not into death, but into the eternal love of our Lord"

Gvar


Post a question and I'll do my best to answer it. Sometimes text comes across one way when its meant to be another way... getting combative solves nothing and I usually thump PJ once and a while for it.

Its been a very hard time for me and I'm tending to get a little more snappy than I usually do. Read my blog and you will see why.
http://aatraders.com/readblog.php?player_id=17


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:22 pm 
Developer
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:07 pm
Posts: 2930
Why am I not surprised he didn't check the main web site to see if the link changed instead of posting a complaint. :roll:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:58 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:34 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Boise Idaho U.S.A.
Well PJ,
it wasnt a complaint ...it was a question.



_________________
Rogue Assault Leader
http://www.rogue-radio.com
http://www.rogue-assault-traders.com/
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron