Over the past couple of weeks we have been going through all of the language files and classes updating the translations for each language. Considering how many languages we have and how many classes with their own language system it has been a long process. We have automated most of the translation work by creating programs to use the Google Translator. These programs basically parse our language files noting areas that shouldn't be translated and sending the information to Google for translation and then rebuilding the file and saving it over the original.
There are some words and phrases that Google just won't translate. We also know that many of the translations will probably read like a pre-school language class. There is not much we can do about this since we do not have any real people who can write in these languages to perform translations.
If you notice anything that might need changed let us know and we will TRY to make the changes to the appropriate file. There are no guarantees.
We are still going through ALL of the program files and templates looking for hard coded english. When we find them we remove them from the file, add them to all of the appropriate files for all languages and then run the translation program on them. This is the most time consuming portion of getting the languages updated. We took too many short cuts to get things working at times and it has bitten us in the butt... again.
All of these language changes are going into the Beta Game. You will NOT see them in the main game until it resets at the beginning of next year. By then we should have the bugs worked out of the new combat system. Hey, it gives us a couple more months.
We thought everyone might want an update on what we have been doing since we have been pretty quiet in the forums. If you keep up on our twitter feed you can see what we have been working on lately.