It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Empires of Blood Server Issue's
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:58 pm 

hey Guys

Couple of things Ive noticed.

1 - Cant seem to get the Front Page News to Work. Thats the Attention: Bla Bla on the Login screen right. In Fact mine has not worked since .20. I can add text fine in the Admin Menu but you dont see it on the Login Screen.

I'm pretty sure it's Not a Switch But not sure what to Look For. Any Ideas.....

2 - I noticed tonight when I sent a Email to my Players and then Checked it in on my E-mail server at the Bottom of the Email was the Game Address. Kool, But it was wrong. Instead of having http://outlands.ws/gameroom/alien_assault it had the Following Address http:///gameroom/alien_assault. I didnt see this in the Admin menu. Any possibility it's because the game and mail server are on the same machine. Any Way to Hard Code this into the game. Like What file and Where do I modify.

Anybody See these issues too. Any Thoughts, Ideas.

Thanks as Always
Http://OutLands.ws

LV

Post subject: Re: Empires of Blood Server Issue's
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LordVngr wrote:
hey Guys

Couple of things Ive noticed.

1 - Cant seem to get the Front Page News to Work. Thats the Attention: Bla Bla on the Login screen right. In Fact mine has not worked since .20. I can add text fine in the Admin Menu but you dont see it on the Login Screen.

Are you using any quotes in your news? I know when I post urls I have to leave the quotes out or it won't show. Hope this helps.... Not sure on the other issue maybe PJ has an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:58 am 
Developer
Developer

The different address at the bottom is usually because the url path was edited in the install.php to be something different than the actual one.

Post subject: Re: Empires of Blood Server Issue's
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:07 pm 

Quote:
Are you using any quotes in your news? I know when I post urls I have to leave the quotes out or it won't show. Hope this helps.... Not sure on the other issue maybe PJ has an idea.

Nope, No quotes. cant even get plain text to show up.

LV

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]