It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:55 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:41 am 
Developer
Developer

Well mines don't have enough time to do anything on an A&R. It's only fighters and ship torps that come into play.

How well you do is based upon your ships engines and fighter bay tech compared to the planets sensorts and fighter bay tech.

The higher your engines the less like you are to take damage and the less damage you may take. You lose all of your fighters and torps because you can't stay long enough in the sector to pickup the ones that survived.

You might want to read the FAQ that is accessable from the FAQ button on the login page.

FAQ About Sector Fighters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:37 pm 
Developer
Developer

No sector D uses everything in the sector to defend the sector. A&R means you are not in the sector long enough for all of them to attack you. The higher the engines the more likely you will evade most of the sector fighters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:57 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Good conversation - I would like a clarification to the FAQ concerning this -

FAQ wrote:
The attack happens in five phases...

Fighter to Fighter Phase

Sector Fighters attack ship fighters.
Ship fighters attack Sector fighters.

Fighter to torpedo/mine Phase- If all fighters are destroyed then nothing happens for that player in this phase.

Sector Fighters attack ship torpedoes
Ship fighters attack Sector mines

Ship Torp to Sector Fighter Phase - If all ship torps are destroyed then nothing happens in this phase.

Ship torpedoes attack Sector fighters

Sector Fighter to Ship Armor Phase - If all Sector fighters are destroyed then nothing happens in this phase.

Sector Fighters attack ship armor

Resolution
If the ship loses all armor it is destroyed. If it doesn't then it enters the sector even if there are remaining sector fighters.

When would there be a situation that there would be Sector Fighters left over? Basically in the last bullet the sector fighters attack the ships armor. This should be do or die.

All the sector fighters left over when the last bullet rolls around should attack the armor. Either they destroy the enemy ship or ALL sector fighters perish in the attempt.

Is there some other value that is coming into play?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:21 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Ah - I guess I should have made a new thread.

The above FAQ clip that I had a question about is from the Normal Combat with SD paragraph not the attack and run combat which this thread seems to talk about.

My Bad.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]