It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:20 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 10 of 13 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Newbies!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:42 pm 
Trial
Trial

Hi, I'm quite new to this game. So I got a few questions.
1. I'm wondering what exactly a sector missile does.
2. Is there any way to transfer commodities(Goods, Ore etc.) from one planet to another?
Thx//

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:03 pm 
Developer
Developer

About the sector missile read here...

viewtopic.php?t=2754

And to trade between planets setup a trade route between both planets. Set what you want to trade between the two planets and trade away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:08 pm 
Trial
Trial

Panama Jack wrote:
And to trade between planets setup a trade route between both planets. Set what you want to trade between the two planets and trade away.

What if my planets are in the same sector?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Works the same way. Just set a warp route between them, but you must specify what you are trading.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:36 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Actually, if they're in the same sector, you don't need a warp link. And it takes half as many turns.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:57 pm 
Trial
Trial

:???: In the rankings, what does "good" and "evil" mean. And also what do */** and */** mean?
Thx. :???:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:11 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

You become good/evil by attacking the opposite alignment that you want to be. I don't know how the first person gets started like that, but there must be something more to it. Maybe it's slightly random... anyway, good players can attack evil players bounty free and vice versa. The yellow asterick means that whomever you're looking at can't attack your ship without a bounty (this does not take into account alignment, team score, or anything other than individual score). Two yellow means that they can't attack your planets either, or send a spy to your planets. The red is the opposite, you can't hit them. But remember, it doesn't take into account team score, alignment, sector ownership, newbie nice, or anything other than individual score.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:54 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Newbie here :D what a nice game you got here, hehe

Questions:
Realspace Sector in War zone: are you able to take cash out or change production on SGPlanets?

Other Player taking over a Sg sector nearset to the Realspace entrance, will you still able to take cash out of your SgSectors deep within?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fakecajun wrote:

Questions:
Realspace Sector in War zone: are you able to take cash out or change production on SGPlanets?

Other Player taking over a Sg sector nearset to the Realspace entrance, will you still able to take cash out of your SgSectors deep within?

The answer is no. If a sector is warzone or the gateway sector is taken or is warzone, you will not be able to take credits out via IGB consolidation. You can however go get those credits by hand.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:45 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Tarnus wrote:
fakecajun wrote:

Questions:

The answer is no. If a sector is warzone or the gateway sector is taken or is warzone, you will not be able to take credits out via IGB consolidation. You can however go get those credits by hand.

Thanks Tarnus, I wanted to read up on the new gameplay. There are so many changes going on since I last played the game. I feel like a noob haha :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:38 pm 
Trial
Trial

Hey ive played for a long time but no matter how many times i play i just cant get started very easily, i was wondering if anyone can tell me a quick way to get a decent ship, my only problem is getting past the pioneer after that i can create and maintain planets and everything id just like to get something better than a pioneer in less than a week or two...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Korsare wrote:
Hey ive played for a long time but no matter how many times i play i just cant get started very easily, i was wondering if anyone can tell me a quick way to get a decent ship, my only problem is getting past the pioneer after that i can create and maintain planets and everything id just like to get something better than a pioneer in less than a week or two...

A week? OK sounds like your not optimizing your trades.

OK when ya start out the best thing to do is inch up your levels to keep your efficiency at its best.

First thing I do is but a little engines and a little hull, then find a goods and an ore port near sol. Trade only enough to afford to bump your hull. Bump your hull and repeat, but the key is dont trade too much and waste turns.

As you trade also bump your engines, but hunt for good trade ports, as soon as you can get your engines high enough bump your power and fine 2 real space routes 1 turn apart so you can collect energy with a fuel scoop. This will also help make credits fairly quick.

Once your hull is maxxed on a pioneer its time to build a starter planet. This planets main purpose is so you can buy another ship. In the mean time trade in fed space only and build extra credits. Don't over trade the ports and switch to new ports when the trade routes start dropping. Once you get close to 75mill you can buy a supercargo and repeat what we did earlier... I will sometimes buy a columbus because at least I can get another planet somewhere and defend it.

Make sure your starter planet is linked with a two way off of fed space, remember this is a disposable planet, use it long enough to but that ship and get back to fed space.

If you optimize your trades you should be able to buy a new ship in a day vs a week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:50 am 
Trial
Trial

Cool it worked man, thanks. I got the planet started and a columbus within an hour or so.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Korsare wrote:
Cool it worked man, thanks. I got the planet started and a columbus within an hour or so.

Glad to hear it. Not so hard once ya get a little understanding on how to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:43 am 
Trial
Trial

I remember a long time ago before you had to buy your ship from a planet and queen amidala was playing people would load sectors with fighters just by mind numbingly buying and dropping over and over. so doesnt this new limiting on sector defenses kinda make it too easy for bigger players to prey on us little ones, i mean i remember how much it sucks to have an excelsior and get the damn thing blown up cause of billions of fighters and mines but now it seems like dropping sector defenses is kinda useless for me cause anyone with something as small as a razorback can get through my stuff, and my other slightly more important question is how do i get my planets to produce credits, none of them are. and it wont let me change the percentages.

Page 10 of 13 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next