It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:15 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 6 of 9 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is God With Us??
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:29 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Wow... that was insane. Looking at the image upside down i assumed it would be some sort of horned demon like Satan, man this one sure did blind side me. Deffinatly the coolest illusion i've ever seen.

Oh, by the way, Val, strike 1 on guessing Mr. Caslow's career. Not a theology professor. I could give you a thousand guesses and you'd never be right though. He's kind of a black sheep amongst his co-workers. Speaking of, Caz, congrats on getting dayshift. I hear you got away from T-Bone as well, doing Carl/Wolfe/Gerry's job. Guess that makes you one of the delinquints.

...you're welcome.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:14 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I see a face, but it could be anyone. You'll probably want me to say Jesus, and it does resemble portraits I've seen of him, but I've never actually seen the guy, and most of the artists who painted him had never seen him either, so I don't know what he looks like.

What is this supposed to be evidence of? I can explain what I'm seeing using just optics and my limited knowledge of how t he human brain works. It's not really evidence of anything.

By the way: I had a few questions for you.

1. If I continue going the way I am, am I going to hell?

2. If a person spends their entire life trying to do good, can they still be a bad person (if they are never exposed, and therefore never convert to, Christianity for example)?

I'm certain of what Tonto'd say; now I'm just curious about your response.

And as far as guessing your occupation, after you mentioned Osgood being busy with classes, I though you meant maybe that he tought (though it could mean he's a student), in which case, if you're a colleague, you'd also be a professor. It doesn't really matter, though.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:43 am 
Developer
Developer

A-Blitz wrote:
Val, Try this out and tell me who you see.

Jimmy Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:20 pm 

LoL i dont see Jimmy pj, but i see a mans face i have seen this before and all it is a trick on the eyes and the brain that makes this possiable.

Also has any READ (not seen the film) of the da vinci code this also explains that the bible is a cover story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da_Vinci_Code

also if you have read another one by dan brown called Angels And Demons this is about god and the war that has been going on for thousands of years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_%26_Demons

which is true even if god is not real and jesus isnt the son of god but he was a man aleast and he lead people he was a huge icon and still is a huge icon.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

rofl, great PJ!

Redskull, I usually don't subscribe to such drastic conspiracy theories, but I do think that the driving force behind the actions of the catholic church through medieval times was greed and lust for power.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:35 pm 

and now they have millions of fellowers aw now im scared lol anyway u must admit there was a man called jesus that made a change to the world come on even if isnt the son of god..

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:15 pm 

this tread has been going on for 18 days and 10hrs lol thats 442 hours or 26,538 mins lol

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:21 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Yes, I do believe that Jesus existed. That's impossible for any educated person to deny. I don't know if he was crazy, or was trying to spread a philosophy he thought would encouarge peace and improve the world. If the latter, he certainly failed (crusades, protestant vs. catholic killing, etc).

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:34 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Oh my god.....

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:23 pm 

Lucky Starr wrote:
Oh my god.....

lmao.. my head is spinning after reading through all this.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:54 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Where'd mcaslow go? This was getting good.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:49 pm 

Valience wrote:
Yes, I do believe that Jesus existed. That's impossible for any educated person to deny. I don't know if he was crazy, or was trying to spread a philosophy he thought would encouarge peace and improve the world. If the latter, he certainly failed (crusades, protestant vs. catholic killing, etc).

I belive that he was jus a carpenter and a preacher that lead to the start of the faith Christianity, he was a jew and thats that.

I also find funny that the symbol for Christianity is a crucifix, Crucifixion is an ancient method of execution, where the condemned is tied or nailed to a large wooden cross and left to hang until dead.

How could this become the symbol for Christianity??

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:56 pm 

dutchintexas wrote:
Lucky Starr wrote:
Oh my god.....

lmao.. my head is spinning after reading through all this.

I havent read 8% of this thread lol i just go to the end and read from there and join in when i wont i started this one and i cant keep up lol.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:35 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Quote:
I belive that he was jus a carpenter and a preacher that lead to the start of the faith Christianity, he was a jew and thats that.

I also find funny that the symbol for Christianity is a crucifix, Crucifixion is an ancient method of execution, where the condemned is tied or nailed to a large wooden cross and left to hang until dead.

How could this become the symbol for Christianity??

Well, to start a new religion, he must have been more than simply what you list, though not necessarily the son of any god.

The crucifix, for Christians, symbolizes Jesus' love. He died for the sins of mortals, and crucifixion was how he died, thus the symbolism.

I often make jokes about the whole thing though... Imagine if the Romans had had guillotines. That would be symbol of Christianity. Vampires would cringe at the sight of the machine invented for beheading, they'd be placed on graves, and even appear in churches! Just think of graveyards littered with miniature guillotines. Lol... This is a joke usually best told to Jews and atheists... :P

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:39 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Mr. Caslow is a very busy man. I'm suprised he's found the time to post as much as he has. Be patient though, he'll no doubt be back.

Page 6 of 9 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next