It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: now I'm pissed....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:03 am 
Gamer
Gamer

I've wasted 6 and a half fucking hours trying to get to a point where I can find ONE GODDAMN PLACE TO FUCKING BUILD A PLANET WHERE I CAN GET COLONISTS. 10 seconds after building a base on my first planet, someone comes along and takes it out. I recapture it, but guess what? the base I built is gone, meaning I just wasted 80% of my credits (the 10mn I used to build the base)!

this is bullshit. make it so you can buy a goddamn ship in sol, where you should be able to. I'm not going to be able to get a goddamn ship for what? a week? if I'm lucky? come on, this is bullshit and you know it.

Post subject: Re: now I'm pissed....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max Griswald wrote:
I've wasted 6 and a half fucking hours trying to get to a point where I can find ONE GODDAMN PLACE TO FUCKING BUILD A PLANET WHERE I CAN GET COLONISTS. 10 seconds after building a base on my first planet, someone comes along and takes it out. I recapture it, but guess what? the base I built is gone, meaning I just wasted 80% of my credits (the 10mn I used to build the base)!

this is bullshit. make it so you can buy a goddamn ship in sol, where you should be able to. I'm not going to be able to get a goddamn ship for what? a week? if I'm lucky? come on, this is bullshit and you know it.

Max, we've been running this for several months and your the only person that has complained about it. Please keep your language clean... and remeber, its just a game. You can hang out in fed space and make credits till your ready. Moving out into regular space should take you a little planning and strategy time. .30 isnt .21 its much better in many many respects. And in everything these is risk involved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:59 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
Max Griswald wrote:

Max, we've been running this for several months and your the only person that has complained about it. Please keep your language clean... and remeber, its just a game. You can hang out in fed space and make credits till your ready. Moving out into regular space should take you a little planning and strategy time. .30 isnt .21 its much better in many many respects. And in everything these is risk involved.

Max........ I left what I wanted to say out of this post. :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just loged in and moved to within the top 10 and still have 2500 turns to spare. No I didnt buy a new ship yet. But I did build one planet. I have a good 500mill credits in the IGB. By tomorrow my planet may or may not be there, but before I even think about buying a ship, you can be sure I'll stock pile bill or so. Once I leave fed space trading gets tough, so I intend to stay there as long as I can... this means buying a columbus or SCargo... I'll probably get the columbus as at least I can defend my little planet till I can actually ocupy it. And no its not in a col port. I built off a colonist port in fed space. This planet is a launch point, I may or may not keep it... its not that tough, you just need to have patience... I can only imagine the screaming fit you would have had before we moved fed sectors in close to each other, and allowed them easier trades. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IreaRehia wrote:
Reading the replies here, I can only think that I am either
1) incredibly stupid
2) incredibly brave

to never have traded in fed space at all, never hung out there, built two planets outside fed space, never stockpiled before buying anything and never having gotten killed except by resets

Beginner's luck rules :P

Its eaither that or you just don't draw attention to yourself ;) And you at least remember to buy an escape pod :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:02 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Max Griswald wrote:
I've wasted 6 and a half hours .
Its really not that hard man. If you can't find a port in the exact sector you would like, just follow the warp links from fed space (make sure they are 2-way) and make a autoroute if you have to. Even if the colonists port is in fed space there is a good chance that there is a non federation sector next to it that is a 2-way route. You can always keep your score lower and then look to kick some @ss. I use this method sometimes. 8) Hopefully there hasn't been any cutbacks in the number of colonist factories in the galaxy by the server admins. :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:08 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

TH, while I admit that 1815 turns were wasted, and that I did spend a good amount of time scouting, the simple fact is, that you can't find a colonist port that isn't already taken. sure, I could do one off of the fed space colo prts, but people probably already have sensors that can track me, and I'd rather not risk that.

the point is, I'm not going to spend my time playing in fed space, I think its stupid to force people to spend their first 5-6k turns in fed space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max Griswald wrote:
TH, while I admit that 1815 turns were wasted, and that I did spend a good amount of time scouting, the simple fact is, that you can't find a colonist port that isn't already taken. sure, I could do one off of the fed space colo prts, but people probably already have sensors that can track me, and I'd rather not risk that.

the point is, I'm not going to spend my time playing in fed space, I think its stupid to force people to spend their first 5-6k turns in fed space.

There is no one in the game that has level 30 sensors yet.... scores need to be MUCH higher before that will happen. Ship costs are higher, you will see level 300 planets before you see level 300 ships.

But as I said, ya use that planet as a launch point. I just started yesterday and guarantee I'll be up in the top before long. And I am now in a columbus sittting safely in fed space for now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:14 am 
Gamer
Gamer

then get on a team with me! I need someone with skillz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max Griswald wrote:
then get on a team with me! I need someone with skillz!

:) there are a variety of skilled players in the game now, but I like to observer for a while before I hop on a team, gives me a chance to judges skills, strengths and weaknesses :)

And if your on my team ya have to be a little less hot headed ;) As once its known, I'm a target :)

BTW, I know pilot your ships.... hard to move to 3D Universe when ya talk about the caddy (excel) in the garage :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:03 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

have you ever seen me less hotheaded? it wouldn't be me if there weren't random explosions! come on, its for the old time(r)s sake!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max Griswald wrote:
have you ever seen me less hotheaded? it wouldn't be me if there weren't random explosions! come on, its for the old time(r)s sake!

LOL, just makes me want to shoot you too ;) I'm staying independant for a while, COE has way too many good players already so you wont see me there. I'm also uncertain how long this beta will run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:31 am 
Gamer
Gamer

tarnus, can you PLEASE look into my logs and everything and tell big that I'm not cheating? this is starting to piss me off more than any problem I've ever had on this game. I'm not fucxking cheating, any more than he is with dragging uncas out and feeding him. so why the fuck am I getting all the bad rap here? I had an IRL friend create an account. I gave him some cash to get him started, and so far, I haven't even seen any of it back! I dropped score because of it, and its not like my friend went to #1 place, he's still like, barely top 10 (if he's even top10, I forget)

here is uncas:

3 105,973 Uncas CoE 0/0 0 0 1 Neutral 54 29 3,615 Apr 7, 2006 - 10:19am

and now MY friend:

7 60,321 Aces High Griswald's Aces 0/0 0 0 10 Neutral 164 9 6,853 Apr 7, 2006 - 10:06am

geee, if anyone had a right to fucking boitch about this, it'd be me and my friend, because we didn't get over 100k because of helping each other.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]