It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PhirePhly wrote:
n I have at the moment is regarding the 'lower player' sd damage. With the new code that allows a lower player's sd to do increased damage to a higher player, how is the hunting of indy planets going to work? I came upon numerous sectors that had indy planets mixed with lower player planets. It is now impossible to cloak in and even take the indy without taking far more damage then if the planet was sitting independently in it's own sector.

It's actually not increased damage its the fact none of your torps or fighters are effective at all. Your only choice would be to hire a smaller player to take out the SD. But until the new SD planet levels are done its gonna be quite costly.

Also never attack planets that have SD in the sector unless you have enough of your own fighters and torps to protect yourself...always clear the SD first.

I do have mixxed oppinions on the total ineffective against aa smaller player... Might be better to have it a percentage based on how far above the player you are bountied. so if your 5% above the bounty range maybe your SD is like 90% effective and have it scale as the differences are greater, so if your like 50% above a player your f/t are 0% effective etc.

Just a thought.... dunno if we can implement something like that, and I might have to argue it out with PJ but that might be a possibility ;)

Post subject: Information
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alot of the information is in the changelog wiki. As we make changes I add them into the wiki. That link is here: http://www.aatraders.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=change_log

You can get to it from the menus in the game as well. Should give you all the current info... Also as changes are made I date them in the changelog.

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2