It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:00 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup Kayos back.... funny thing is we already know there are problems. After all its not released yet. Note this post: http://forums.aatraders.com/viewtopic.php?t=2626

We have several things in store to fix the problem. Complaining about beta software doesnt help us fix it. After all you do get to play it for free.

PJ and I are do have real life work we gotta do too from time to time.... hard to spend 24/7 developing a game if we gotta feed ourselves and our families afterall.

Its gonna be taken care of... folks ya just have to have some patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kayo wrote:
oh yea, one more question, is it a bug that I suddenly find myself in a random sector I was in moments ago if I stay idle in a system for more than 20 seconds (like trying to upgrade planets) ?

cause that is by far the most annoying bug ever in any game (if it isn't just me) and I hope you are aware of it.

Only if your in fed space. Other than that you shoudlnt be thrown to a random sector unless someone attacked you and your EWD saved you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kayo wrote:
it happens all the time. I could be sitting in my main sector, and come back after 2 minutes, click on a planet and suddenly you are not in the sector so you cannot interact with that planet!

it happens ALL THE TIME.

Actually thats happened to one other player long ago. He found it related to his computer and or browser. We never could figure out why it was happening to him alone. Once he tried a diff comp it all cleared up....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No one can have that many fighters in a sector. :) Course its so cheap to protect your self right now its rediculus... hopefully soon PJ will get the test code into tthe beta and then we'll migrate over to the main ;) I too want to open the doors and come out of my hole to go huntin ;)

IE7...that beta... try another browser and see if you get booted or not. Besided what are ya using IE for in the first place ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kayo wrote:
and while I am on the subject, can we get an option to never attempt an EWD when attacked on a planet and always defend?

Ships always help with the defence of the planet as long as they are the ship you are landed in. All the other ships are basically just parked, and will never help defend, hence why they will attempte to get away when attacked.

If you are landed and the planet is attacked, usually it will just throw you out into space unless you are too small. Then you are usually killed ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:59 am 
Developer
Developer

A ship the player is sleeping on will ALWAYS defend the planet. The only time it might get away is if you defeat the planet. If that happens and there is an EWD on the ship then he may escape. But the only way any ship stored or sleeping on a planet will EWD away is if you defeat the planet.

Ships that are stored in the shipyard will NEVER help defend a planet. They are just sitting there in storage with no one manning them.

If the planet is defeated and the ships have EWD's onboard then and automatic defense on the ship will try to EWD to another planet if there are EWD's on the ship. If there are no EWD's or they fail then you automatically capture the ship and it belongs to you. If the planet has multiple ships in storage you may capture some and some may get away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:07 am 

IE7 will move you from sector to sector on its own. Tried that for weeks before going back to IE6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

satman wrote:
IE7 will move you from sector to sector on its own. Tried that for weeks before going back to IE6

Ahh so it WAS IE7... evil microsoft product ;)

Dunno why that would happen with thier stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:04 pm 
Developer
Developer

Microsoft to all IE Users wrote:
There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the settings. We are controlling everything. For the time your computer is on we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from our offices at Microsoft to your computer.

You have been warned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:05 pm 
Tarnus wrote:
Dunno why that would happen with thier stuff.

My Rectal Approximation of what could cause it, would be a behavior known as "Prefetching". In a nutshell, the browser learns what links you usually click, and it clicks them for you - in the background. Doing so allows the pages to load faster once you click on them.

The incredibly oddball part is that I heard of it as a Firefox and Opera feature, not IE7. Very very odd. Maybe FF and Opera "got it right", and IE's implementation is .. less than ideal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doesnt surprise me. Microsoft tried to fix things and makes it worse yet again ;) They keep this up and I may have to think about getting a mac ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:01 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

WB, Kayosoni.

WOW like in one of my earlier blogs I wrote about some players which must have been twins.... T Big Question is now "Was it Kayo and Max"... ROFL...

Hopefully not, course in that way I would say "Poor Max".

And yes the game has become way harder for attackers but it switches forth and back between a advantage for attackers and one for builders. Compare the .21 version with the .3x version, the game has become better in many aspects. I am attacker and I like the .3x version even that I have to work way harder to get some action.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:20 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Kayosoni and the Kitty Girls. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He'll never change... was that way before and is that way now... bet his game play is as predictable as ever ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:29 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

I understand when real life has to take priority. And we all do appreciate the game and the efforts put into the creation of the new version.

Following is just some thoughts from my playing. I am definately sucky at attacking so some of the issues are my ignorance not the game. And I think we are all in agreement that the sd is way too tough. Today I attempted to attack two indy planets that I had cloaked into the sector and even with an almost maxed voy, I got my butt fried and handed back to me. I was lucky it didn't totally destroy my ship but the damage was phenominal.

One concern I have at the moment is regarding the 'lower player' sd damage. With the new code that allows a lower player's sd to do increased damage to a higher player, how is the hunting of indy planets going to work? I came upon numerous sectors that had indy planets mixed with lower player planets. It is now impossible to cloak in and even take the indy without taking far more damage then if the planet was sitting independently in it's own sector.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next