It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:09 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:01 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Planet limits? Sounds like we are scraping thew bottom of the barrel... As for the strain on the server, there is still alot of 0.21 servers out there and it must be harder on them. If there was a limit then it would be an advantage to the players already highly ranked. Not sure if this sucks or blows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:15 pm 

yep, i wouldn't like to see planet limit either, it sounds bad to me... u have to blow up planets just to get new ones, naa , that would kick me out from main game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well I'm not nessasarily for planet limits. But I am for seeing a higher number of indies happen with the more planets you own. Makes total sence... Maybe if you havent actually visited a planet for x amout of time, the more liklihood of it going indy. So then you need to go interact with all your planets which will take a while or risk them going indy a little quicker than if you had not visted them ;) Yeah see now I'm making it harder and you still get to keep your planets ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:04 pm 
Developer
Developer

That's not a bad idea. As games progress people have a hard time getting rid of turns and this would definitely start to get rid of the excess turns.

The longer you wait to visit a planet you own to let them know you are still around the more likely they are to go independent.

And using the IGB to consolidate credits wouldn't count as visiting the planet because you are just interacting with the bank and the bank is interacting with the planet. It would need to be a one on one interaction.

But I think we might need some other reason for visiting the planets. Something you have to do on them. Like declare a planet wide holiday from work for a set period of time and the more time the more you favorably goes up with the people. While they are on vacation you won't make any money on that planet but you foster a lot of goodwill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:31 am 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Yeap, I am for limiting planets, but in a sort of controlled way as Tarnus has mentioned.

If you have a few and look after them well, then you should get some benefit, ie they don't go Indy.
If you have many and are a mean Land Grabber who has not the time to spend with your people, then suffer the consquences. :)

It then comes down to you are then reasponsible for your actions or lack of. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:09 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Tarnus wrote:
Well I'm not nessasarily for planet limits. But I am for seeing a higher number of indies happen with the more planets you own. Makes total sence... Maybe if you havent actually visited a planet for x amout of time, the more liklihood of it going indy. So then you need to go interact with all your planets which will take a while or risk them going indy a little quicker than if you had not visted them ;) Yeah see now I'm making it harder and you still get to keep your planets ;)

You guys could make it so that it costs more to deploy a genesis torpedo in the sectors too. This would seem right to me, especially in the sg sectors because it costs more to deploy a sg device the further back in sg space you go. ANYTHING except those appocalypses or whatever it was that used to cause 90% loss of colonists and other goods... I don't remember the exact wording in the logs but it could drive ya crazy. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:17 am 

Well here is nice sugestion, give everyone 1 planet and one turn, that way everyone wolud be screwd up 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:21 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Well now your being silly. I was trying to be serious. :) Another thing i wanted to mention is about that great shoutbox that was taken away and being replaced by something more generic. All those old smileys in the old shoutbox were great! :ban: :owned: :nuts: :withstupid: ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, while we thought it was a great idea to make a chat area instead of the shout box, I'm starting to think the same way as you,... we may need to put the old shout box back... it worked well, and the messages didnt dissapear. Maybe have the chat areas an option for players to goto and chat, and it has no bearing on the shouts. ... Just a thought....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And heres along the line of keeping your colonists happy, maybe we add a planet morale level, so at a glace you can see how your people feel about you. This can be based on how often you visit, comodity and credit levels, etc, etc... if your starving the planet morale would drop and the lower the morale the more chances that planet could go indy. Just another idea I came up with this morning ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:47 am 

well that sounds better, it sure is better than loseing bunch of planets every 10min

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:59 am 
Developer
Developer

A-Blitz wrote:
You guys could make it so that it costs more to deploy a genesis torpedo in the sectors too. This would seem right to me, especially in the sg sectors because it costs more to deploy a sg device the further back in sg space you go.

Well, the reason behind costing more the deeper you go with SG's is because the it take more credits to maintain the links through other SG's to the gateway sector. :) There is nothing like that needed for planet creation other than the limit of 15 unbased planets at any time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:33 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

yeah I just meant that the genisis torpedos would increase in price in every SG sector the further you go back. Kinda like paying for more expensive real estate in the more protected areas. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:14 pm 

Panama Jack wrote:
The longer you wait to visit a planet you own to let them know you are still around the more likely they are to go independent.

And using the IGB to consolidate credits wouldn't count as visiting the planet because you are just interacting with the bank and the bank is interacting with the planet. It would need to be a one on one interaction.

Well I don't like that idea much, that way I would lose about 300 planets everytime when planets decide to turn indy, I visit only 3 of my sectors in game, my main sector, my A&R sector , and my cleaning sector, so there is like 15 planets in that 3 sectors and I click only on 3 of them, so I like more to lose 15 planets than my whole empire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SlayeR wrote:
Panama Jack wrote:

Well I don't like that idea much, that way I would lose about 300 planets everytime when planets decide to turn indy, I visit only 3 of my sectors in game, my main sector, my A&R sector , and my cleaning sector, so there is like 15 planets in that 3 sectors and I click only on 3 of them, so I like more to lose 15 planets than my whole empire.

Guess ya missed the "MORE LIKELY" It doesnt men they WILL go independant, just that there is more of a chance that they will... So players with many many planets will have to work harder to keep em...which that is the way it should be, while players that take care of less planets will find it much more easy to maintain them.

Instead of thinking about your convienence, think about the fact that you have left several billion collonists to fend for themselves with no noticable leader... what happens, they rise up and take over thier own planet.... its thew fact of life ;) By visiting the planet you make your people feel more secure as they know you care and are willing to protect them... other than just for your benifit ;)

Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next