It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:12 pm 
Developer
Developer

SlayeR wrote:
Well I am haveing fun takeing planets, but u are makeing it harder for me to keep them, so I really see nothing fun at haveing 5 plnaets and upgradeing them every day, that is not even close to game called AAT.

Part of the fun should be taking big planets from a higher ranked player and watching their score drop because of it. Having a ton of planets isn't that fun. It's having enough planets generating enough cash to buy more ships and bigger ships to take down bigger players planets and ships.

There is a reason the game is called Alien Assault Traders. :) It's mainly about attacking with trading to get yourself started.

It's not called Alien Planet Builders for a reason. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:31 pm 

Panama Jack wrote:
Part of the fun should be taking big planets from a higher ranked player and watching their score drop because of it. Having a ton of planets isn't that fun. It's having enough planets generating enough cash to buy more ships and bigger ships to take down bigger players planets and ships.

There is a reason the game is called Alien Assault Traders. :) It's mainly about attacking with trading to get yourself started.

It's not called Alien Planet Builders for a reason. ;)

Well u could give it a new name, "Indy planets retakeing"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:29 pm 

Tarnus wrote:
Heh not yet we haven't ... If I have my way you'll have na easier time attacking :) Now realize you don''t have to keep all the planets you take ;)

Well u are sucking the fun from game, and yes I could blow them up but that way I wouldn't get this high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't know how you can say that, nothing has been implmented yet, and yes we will play test it in the beta first...hence why its called the beta.

It's not sucking out the fun its making the game more realistic and chalenging. Players that choose to have a large amout of planets should work to keep them. Letting players build and build and aquire and aquire just stagnates the game.

We've been playing and working on this type of game for longer than you have been alive, so don't you think we think about things a bit before we instantly add them ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:04 am 

Well I never said taht u don't work hard to upgrade the game, what am I saying is that game is starting to be more boring and annoying with every new thing u change. And if I like bunch of planets I will have them or I won't play, simple as taht. I am not like that Kayo guy to just bich and tell how other games are better, if I like it i play it if not I don't, like I said always keeping thing simple ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:44 pm 
Developer
Developer

That's too bad but we can't please everyone. We can NEVER please everyone. There is always going to be something in the game someone absolutely hates. For you it is the number of planets.

Our goal has ALWAYS been to reduce the number of planets a person can control in the game. We have had 0.21 games where players have had thousands of planets and that DID NOT make the game more fun. It did make the game more of a pain and increases the server load which is a BAD thing id your game is on a shared host.

So you either might want to stsrt getting used to it or just play old 0.21 games because the 0.30 version if going to be restricting the number of planets a player can manage. Having a couple of hundred is going to either damned hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:43 pm 

Well first its not easy to get few hundred planets, now its not easy to keep them, and thats fine too but if it becomes imposible to have lots of planets than that is really something I wouldn't like to see... And I don't like .21 games so I guess I will just find soemthing I like when the time comes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anything we add, is in the effort to make a better game and create a balance. .21 was very attacker sided. The current .30 is very builder sided and very unbalanced away from the attacker,. What we are trying to do is flip that balance back towards the middle. Once the balance is in place the game play will be better on both sides.

You can have as many planets as you want, your just gonna have to work harder to keep them. Just like real life, the more you are spread out the more vulnerable you are to attack. But on the flipside, your only losing a small percetage, but since thet balance is flipping back to center its going to cost you more to protect that planet. Now you have to make choices on what you want to keep and defend ;) You will start seeing big SG tunnels again. Something you have to really work hard to bust as the game progresses.

In the end, all we are doing is making it fair for all players and enhancing the overall game play. We are not out to please any one player but the whole groups of players at the same time. So if you don't like the changes you don't have to play, thats why we have choices ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:46 pm 

Yes, in .21 games there is no way to protect your self because of sector nova, if u are skilled or lucky enough to hide your SG u will live longer, and u are saying all the time that attackers are not able to bust strong sectors in main, that is hard and expencive but not imposible, and builders have better position in main but I didn't build my 400 planets, i built about 80 of them rest I took, so if builders mas planets they have to pay for it, if attackers wich are weaker u say keep the planets they take they must pay for it, well u can always put 1M turns and 100K prices in tradeing ports and planet colos max to 100 M and u will get rid of mas planets ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SlayeR wrote:
Yes, in .21 games there is no way to protect your self because of sector nova, if u are skilled or lucky enough to hide your SG u will live longer, and u are saying all the time that attackers are not able to bust strong sectors in main, that is hard and expencive but not imposible, and builders have better position in main but I didn't build my 400 planets, i built about 80 of them rest I took, so if builders mas planets they have to pay for it, if attackers wich are weaker u say keep the planets they take they must pay for it, well u can always put 1M turns and 100K prices in tradeing ports and planet colos max to 100 M and u will get rid of mas planets ;)

Not impossible, but not equitable either. If you have to spend 40 tril to make 2 tril, thats not nesasarilly a good trade. Note the number of active players in the main is very low these days... Biggest reason is the in equitable attacking. Most of the players are just loging in consolidating what they got and logging off. Your the exception not the rule ;)

You know we can't make it too easy. We want people to build, but we want them to build planets that are worth attacking. And we want planets to mean something if you lose one. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:03 am 

From all sectors I took by now I never payed more than 10 Ts of demage. But I still didn't take any sectors from top 3 players, I am upgradeing my ships untill i get ready for strike ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:11 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Quote:
We want people to build, but we want them to build planets that are worth attacking. And we want planets to mean something if you lose one.

Sadly, last night I came upon a NICE, yet attackable indy and I promptly did so but due to already being weiry chasing down my own indy planets, I chose to destroy the sector instead. If I had known in advance of spending so much on upgrading my 200+ planets, I would never have kept what was captured and I definately would never have continued to build additional ones.

Maybe giving us all 50 genesis torps at the beginning of the game and after our 'limit' is used then the only way to further our universe is to 'capture' someone elses is the answer ( a bit like capturing the pieces in a board game ). And if you are a player like me that does little attacking then we would have to be content to build our planets strong enough to withstand being ravish by another player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:36 am 

Thats good idea PP but I am sure that something like that wouldn't make a problem for me to get few hunderd planets, it would slow me down but wouldn't stop me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Would create some interesting game play, might be fun for a specialized game. It would be a race to find genesis devices in debris and perhaps if you kill a player you could get thier genesis. Would be less blowing planets up as planets would be come more valuable as the rareity of gensis devices floating around.

But I'd like to see us get the initial balance fixed before we do something like this. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:20 pm 

Tarnus wrote:
Would create some interesting game play, might be fun for a specialized game. It would be a race to find genesis devices in debris and perhaps if you kill a player you could get thier genesis.

Yep, it would be intersting, when u pod someone few of his genesis torps drops on yor ship.

Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next