It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:25 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:34 pm 

Tarnus wrote:
Guess ya missed the "MORE LIKELY" It doesnt men they WILL go independant, just that there is more of a chance that they will... So players with many many planets will have to work harder to keep em...which that is the way it should be, while players that take care of less planets will find it much more easy to maintain them.

Instead of thinking about your convienence, think about the fact that you have left several billion collonists to fend for themselves with no noticable leader... what happens, they rise up and take over thier own planet.... its thew fact of life ;) By visiting the planet you make your people feel more secure as they know you care and are willing to protect them... other than just for your benifit ;)

well I cant't just sit whole day behind of my computer and go from one planet to another, since I have 300+ of them now even if I was that crazy to go from one to another than I would have no time for anything else, by "anything else" I mean attacking, building, searching, poding newbies, and I don't even want to start about my real life, so if not visiting planets gets expensive i will just drop like fly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It will just make ya build smarter. I have like 17 planets so like we said it doesnt take a ton to make a bunch of credits, more than likely you'll leve em indy for a while and collect them as you get time, I know thats what I dis when I had hundred of planets... I had a buddy that was first to reach 1000 planets, he couldnt even open his planet screen so you can see why having that many planets will hadicap you. WIth the colonists limits as they are th larger your planet tech the more collonists and the more money you make from them.

Lets remember these are ideas, we still have many different things to implement in the beta so we can test them, if they don't work out they won't go into the final version. We really need to play test stuff to find holes in the ideas. Believe me when it comes to real life, my time has ben all eaten up lately. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:53 pm 

Tarnus wrote:
It will just make ya build smarter. I have like 17 planets so like we said it doesnt take a ton to make a bunch of credits, more than likely you'll leve em indy for a while and collect them as you get time, I know thats what I dis when I had hundred of planets... I had a buddy that was first to reach 1000 planets, he couldnt even open his planet screen so you can see why having that many planets will hadicap you. WIth the colonists limits as they are th larger your planet tech the more collonists and the more money you make from them.

Hehe, i know u can get good chas with small number of planets, but i have 300 of them and i keep them on lvl 215 (except DP) so i can pick up whole chas from them every 2 days, so i don't risk lot of chas on my planets and i get lot of chas from them and i can upg my ship more often, and if your 17 planets can make more chas than 300 of mine than it sounds really wierd to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SlayeR wrote:
Tarnus wrote:

Hehe, i know u can get good chas with small number of planets, but i have 300 of them and i keep them on lvl 215 (except DP) so i can pick up whole chas from them every 2 days, so i don't risk lot of chas on my planets and i get lot of chas from them and i can upg my ship more often, and if your 17 planets can make more chas than 300 of mine than it sounds really wierd to me...

Nope, My 17 cant beat 300, but I could probably make around 50-75 that would give you a run for your money ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:22 pm 

well i am sure u could make more chas with 70 planets than me with 300 but u would have to keep on each of them about 5Ts or more, so iamgine if u had that much chas on your planets that i took from u, would u still be in top 20? and if I lose 30-40 planets it won't hurt my score as much as it would hurt u if u lose only about 15 of yours, so I don't keep big planets because i am counting on backfire from players i strike, we could talk about this for days. But anyway, I can always take few indys back if that few indys are not like 100 so I am good with way how it is now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:41 pm 

And I forgot one more advantage of haveing small planets, well since A&R is long storie now my sectors are just not worth of demage cost, even if someone breaks in, he will need the least 8-10Ts for repairs (if he has decent A&R ship) on one sector and what he gets? lets say it like this 5 poor planets with 300Bs on them, its really jackpot :) , Thats why I like to take Veracity's sectors in main, they are gold sectors, u don't spend much chas 2-5Ts and u get about 20-25Ts with planet repair cost. :) so u all just build big planets and hope for the best...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SlayeR wrote:
And I forgot one more advantage of haveing small planets, well since A&R is long storie now my sectors are just not worth of demage cost, even if someone breaks in, he will need the least 8-10Ts for repairs (if he has decent A&R ship) on one sector and what he gets? lets say it like this 5 poor planets with 300Bs on them, its really jackpot :) , Thats why I like to take Veracity's sectors in main, they are gold sectors, u don't spend much chas 2-5Ts and u get about 20-25Ts with planet repair cost. :) so u all just build big planets and hope for the best...

Well and that will be changing soon with the new SD planet levels. Those levels will be more expensive hence it will be equitable cost for someone takkking down the sector for what you will do to protect it, right now its not that way, and thats primarily why there isnt much attacking at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:53 pm 
Developer
Developer

SlayeR wrote:

You see that's part of the problem with the game. What we want is for it to actuallt MEAN something to a player when they lose planets. Right now if you lost 50 of your planets it wouldn't be that big of a deal to you and you would be able to recoup easily.

And no it is NOT weird that 17 planets could make more than your 300. It could be possible but it would take alot of work to do it. This is because the higher the level on the planets the more colonists you can have and the more cash they can make per turn. But there is always the risk that someone could come in and take one of those 17 planets and it WOULD HURT.

That's the way the game is supposed to function. This way you will see more position changes in the rankings as players lose and take planets. With a max level of 600 on planets 215 average is a little on the small side. There are a lot of planet in the beta game over 300 and a few approaching 400. Those planets are massive cash generators. They generate many times more credit per turn than your 215 planets even though they are not even double the tech level.

The main reaon people create a ton of small planets it to try and protect themselves from being hurt if someone attacks their planets. We would like to see that mentality go away and return back to what it should be. A small core of planets that you fearcely protect while trying to take out other planets small core of planets,.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:58 am 

Tarnus wrote:
there isnt much attacking at the moment.

well maybe there isn't much attacking now, but all I do is attack there, there is not much attacking because nobody is trying to attack anyone, I find it really easy to attack now, all u have to have is nice A&R ship and abit of spare chas, and u can take wich ever sector u want, only some are more expensive than others, and I don't see why anyone is complaining on this way of attacking now, I like it when its tougher to attack, the way like it was before is drop few novas with endy grab your big ship and take everything or blow it up... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:06 am 

Panama Jack wrote:
The main reaon people create a ton of small planets it to try and protect themselves from being hurt if someone attacks their planets. We would like to see that mentality go away and return back to what it should be. A small core of planets that you fearcely protect while trying to take out other planets small core of planets,.

Well everyone has his way of playing, and in all games I am masing small planets because that way I can attack and I can recover fast from loseing bunch of planets, and the the main thing that I hate big planets is because i need to keep lots chas on them to get good interest, u always say "bigger planet more colonists" well my lvl 215 planet has 11,5B colos and my planet that is over lvl 300 has about 15Bs of colos that is not really big difference, and if u are forced to strip of your big planets complitely that will hurt your score and they will need few days to get enough chas to start produceing chas, so I don't like big planets I don't keep them and I never will except if u get some way to make them imposible to take.... :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:55 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

I do agree with the one statement regarding the lack of much difference between the amount of colonist on a lvl 21 planet v. a lvl 300 planet. So in that aspect, Slayer is right. You do have to keep alot more cash just laying out there to take for very little additional population difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:44 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Am I missing something? Did attack&run all of a sudden get easier in the few weeks I have sat out? At the start of the current main game, the combat code was pretty vicious, destroying razorbacks. The combat code has to be the main area of the game that is being worked on. I figure the new version is going to be set up to where managing less planets is better. :)

Post subject: Nope
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AB its still tough hence why we are looking at the SD planet level additions. Its just once you get a ship so large not many are bumping thier SD appropriately so its easy for a good A&R ship to go in and bust it. But that is only good once you get enough cash for a A&R ship. And have plenty of cash reserves to offset the pain ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:45 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Yep I understand the part about having to keep out attackers by steadily upgrading planets. Where I'm lost is the part about the calculations that I seen http://forums.aatraders.com/viewtopic.php?t=2599 here http://forums.aatraders.com/viewtopic.php?t=2597 .

Figure I got to wait till some things are worked out because There is the "Attack and run revisited" in the change log... but now the amount of SD is playing a role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:50 pm 

A-Blitz wrote:
...but now the amount of SD is playing a role.

well I can tell on this one yes and no, if player is playing from begining of game he wasn't affected by SD limit that was added later, so now when u see newer player has lot of SD u know that he has strong FB on planet and that can make u change your mind about attacking that sector, but if player has bunch of SD from time when there were no SD limits and he has weak or no DP than u can clean it up w/o demage at all, so lot of SD can be problem but it doesn't has to...

Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next