It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:51 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Which all leads to Planetary Morale Spartan.

Tech Levels High
Lots of Defense
Lots of Credits
Lots of Food
Lots of Peace and Prosperity (for good planets)
=
Never going Indy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kwae Zar wrote:
Which all leads to Planetary Morale Spartan.

Tech Levels High
Lots of Defense
Lots of Credits
Lots of Food
Lots of Peace and Prosperity (for good planets)
=
Never going Indy.

Of course there are modifiers.

Too many people
Chance the people on the planet will get greedy.
A lazy ruler.
How much surplus comodities are available.

And dont forget once the evil comodities come into play, you may very well not have all good aligned planets.

We are still playing with thoughts on the overall planetary morale stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:05 pm 
Developer
Developer

And another modifier will be the players with the fewest planets will always reap the biggest benefits. Players who have massive empires will spend quite a bit of time trying to HOLD their empire together. It is always like that. Read up on the British Empire. It was global and massive but imploded because it was too big and they couldn't keep it together.

It is going to basically be the same thing in the game. Managing an empire on a galactic scale is going to be hard work. You won't be able to walk away and do nothing for a week without consequences.

One of the changes we may make is how much the percentage a planet increments based upon the number of planets a player has. So those players with less than 50 planets may not see any increase in the chance their planets go indy while players with more than 50 planets see their chance increase the more planets they try to hold onto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:43 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

I still vote that players who have less than 50 will never have a chance of seeing an indy based on lack of planet visitation. Personally I just had another 7 go indy. It is silly. 0 for 5 months and then WHAM! 13 in three days.

And I do agree - massive empires should have increasingly higher chance of seeing indies and thus must visit thier massive empire 3 times a week.

---

So! To sum up.

1) Planetary Autotrades. I have been waiting for 2 years on this one and when it goes it is gonna be VERY fun (aka I will play the game again!).

2) Evil/Neutral/Good commodities

3) Planetary Morale scheme.

Oh man - my heart is racing with the thought of those three bullets being complete! WOOT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:31 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

First off I would like to suggest a new planetary status screen. Listing the planets that haven't been visited to the longest first, that way we can see what planets are the most likely to go indy and get to them first.

Next I would like to know what sets the time stamp, because I just had 2 300 level planets go indy and i'm sure i visited them yesterday, then just now checking the other planets in the sector they say its been 5 or so days since i visited them, which is impossible. So either the flag isn't set until you click the return to main screen cause I was using multi tabbing to visit the planets faster and just close the tabs. If the multi tabbing idea i had doesn't work id like to know soon, since i used it today to visit all my planets and i don't want to see them all dissappear in a week.

Just so annoying that in the last 4 days most of the planets that go indy are ones holding sector defense. Two more bases i have to rebuild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:03 am 
Developer
Developer

You actually have to click on the planet to display the planet infor to visit the planet. You can't just drop into the sector and then move on.

Also, how many total planets do you have in the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:13 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

I was entering a sector, opening each planets display in a new tab, closing the tabs, and moving onto a different sector. Seems to be working now I think.
I have 55 planets total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:20 pm 
Developer
Developer

If you have more than 50 planets ALL of your planets will have that 1% chance of going indy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:30 am 
Developer
Developer

I have made a change to the planet independence routine that should make most people happy. ;)

As long as you keep the number of planets you own less than 50 you are virtually 100% guaranteed none of them will ever go indy. You don't even have to visit them to keep them happy.

But once you get over 50 planets then things start getting interesting and all of the planets you haven't visited for some time become eligible to go indy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:27 pm 

That's a great change PJ.

Now, it allows more time to focus on playing the game rather than performing menial tasks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:25 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Excess population and surplus of goods.

I think those cargo ships you can build should make a comeback. You can then activate a "level out planet" button for a certain commodity and a cargo ship, (visible to yourself and others) will be making routes to try to slow population growth on 1, and increase on 2.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2