It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Better visit your planets from now on...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:25 pm 
Developer
Developer

This was posted in the AATrade Suggestions forum.

Quote:
We have added one change to the independent planet routine.

If you have too many planets or the planets are maxed on population there will ALWAYS be a minimum of a 1% chance of those planets going indy.

Now you can keep the percentage at 1% by actually VISITING each planet you own. Just click on the planet when you are in the sector and you have visited it. The population on that planet will think you actually care about them, we know you really don't. ;)

If you don't visit a planet for 2 days the chance of it going independent goes up every 12 hours after the 2 day limit. So the longer you avoid visiting a planet the more likely they are to go independent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:02 pm 
Developer
Developer

I don't know if anyone noticed yet but when you visit a planet the planet display will tell you how many days it was since your last visit and the date you last visited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:24 pm 

:evil: *cackles gleefully* Yer not gonna make too many friends with this change - imagine... making a player with 100+ planets visit each and every one! HAW!! Gonna be a lot of frazzled bigger players for a while! (at least until it becomes second nature to do it, of course)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah farmers will hate us. Course now even I gotta run out and vist my planets. If I can find them all, oh well I didnt need that many anyways :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:39 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Build Spy sectors and buy some Sector Missles.....

Post subject: Planet visit log
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:30 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

I did notice a few bugs in the planet visit section. If you capture a indy planet it showed that I last visited the planets 4.01 days ago when I didnt even own the planet before and when you capture a unowned planets it something 2000 days ago in1999.

Post subject: Re: Planet visit log
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kilroy wrote:
I did notice a few bugs in the planet visit section. If you capture a indy planet it showed that I last visited the planets 4.01 days ago when I didnt even own the planet before and when you capture a unowned planets it something 2000 days ago in1999.

Well the last visite relates to the last person that owned it. I dunno if PJ has it setup that even if a team mate visits it counts or not. Matybe he can clarify this when he gets back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:15 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

This busy work is NON-VALUE added.
So now I get to log in and burn a bunch of tuns timestamping planets.
*sarcasm* Whoopie! */sarcasm*

When is autotrade routes due back? I would like to be able to maintain my planets properly so that they never population cap out.

I can only guess why this change was put in place in the first place. And that was to attempt to force the builders to leave trails in real space so that the hunters can find them. Of course its not going to work. I have been in my hole for 5 months. And I am not coming out.

Why not beef up the spy system? Allow probes to put spies on planets or something creative like that. Spies took a hit in the pants way back when and never really have had a prominent role since then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:03 am 

I am not sure this new "burn your online time timestamping planets" is working as advertised. It seems the planets I have visited within the last 24 hours are getting hit harder for indys than the ones I haven't been to for several days. Also the size of the planets doesn't seem to make much difference either. Large ones go indy as fast as small ones. (they are all max population)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:19 am 
Gamer
Gamer

I like the idea of being able to control which planets go Indy... Before you had to wait and wait for the lottery to get a planet to go Indy... Now if I just dont visit it it will go Indy... I need Indy Planets and lots of them for the way I play the game.... I like the control I (might) now have to make a planet go Indy..... You folks are crying about having Indy Planets... I WANT indy planets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

satman wrote:
I am not sure this new "burn your online time timestamping planets" is working as advertised. It seems the planets I have visited within the last 24 hours are getting hit harder for indys than the ones I haven't been to for several days. Also the size of the planets doesn't seem to make much difference either. Large ones go indy as fast as small ones. (they are all max population)

I had a similar thing happen initially, but since then it has not happened. Planets you visit if you own over 100 planets(not sure what the magic number is) and if they are maxxed should only have a1% chance of going indy if they have been visited. I don't think the tech has any bearing on them at this point. I've made a few comments in KZ blog that I should move over here about an additional few things that should have a bearing on indys. PJ is still out of town so we wont be able to check on anything till he gets back.

Post subject: Re: Planet visit log
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:01 pm 
Developer
Developer

Kilroy wrote:

Yeah, that is what is displayed but it is set to the current date as soon as that information is displayed. It is basically the last date that ANYONE that currently/previously owned the planet visited. Might be a nice thing to know when the other guy was last there when you capture the planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:22 pm 
Developer
Developer

satman wrote:

Actually it is working as it should and you are right the size of the planet no longer has any affect.

If you have less than 50 planets and they are all over 150 average tech level and based then they will NEVER go indy as long as you visit them anytime within 48 hours to reset the visit timer. If you don't visit a planet within that 48 hour period then they become eligible to go indy. That doesn't mean they will just that they are eligible. The planet starts with a 1% chance of going independent. For every 12 hours you fail to visit the planet it has an additional 1% chance added onto it. If you fail to visit a planet for 4 days it has a 3% chance of going independent. If you fail to check on the planet for 10 days then the planet has a 15% chance of going independent.

If a planet isn't based then it starts out at a 20% chance of going independent.

Also, the independence change only happens once ever 24-48 hours.

Tarnus and I talked over a few other things related to planet morale that can modify this. So there are other ideas in the mix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:09 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Now I am irritated too because I have seen over 15 planets go indy in one night. Since I'd like to see the odds of that, I'll see if I can't come up with an accurate figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:36 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

In my personal opinion, this is a good move... however, I think an importance factor must also come into play when considering what planet goes indy and what not.

If the planet in question is huge (300+) and supporting a massive amount of SDs, its time before it goes independent should be increased. Bank planets should be held in the same regard, the more money or ships a planet holds, the longer it will stay dependent.

However, a planet that does not have relative importance, or just stores money, max pop, should have the settings it has now, 2 day timestamps.

I would consider that if the planet in the sector decides to declare independence, and there are 100 million fighters in the sector, a fight for independence should take place where a certain percentage of fighters in the sector go planetside and attempt to stop it. Successful or not, a notice should be left in the log stating that an attempted revolution has taken place, % of colos killed, % of sector fighters lost.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next