It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shame, shame, shame on you.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:20 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, we have just removed a little exploit some high ranked players have been using to attack low ranked players without a bounty.

When a player attacks and defeats a planet a portion of the owners rating is transfered to the attacker. We have had some high ranked Evil players making planets with very little defenses and filled with money to attract small players in to attacking them. When the small player defeats the planet their rating will change to Good.

Then the Evil player basically rapes all of the lower ranked players planets without getting a single bounty. This is a HUGE exploit that ruins the game for the just starting player.

I have changed how the ratings work when successfully attacking a planet. The average tech level of the planet will be used as a ratio based upon the max tech level a planet can be. Right now the max tech level is 600. If a planet has an average tech level of 100 then less than 2.6% of the defenders rating will be applied instead of the normal 50%. So the higher the average tech level of a planet the larger the percentage of change.

If this still seems to be too high of a percentage we will lower it even more but I think this should even things out a little. It's sad to see such large, evil ranked players going to these extremes just to have someone easy to attack. :p For shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:51 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

A limit on what you can give teammates would look about right. Just for team planet credit transfers. But Its not neccessary. : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A-Blitz wrote:
A limit on what you can give teammates would look about right. Just for team planet credit transfers. But Its not neccessary. : )

It is an option available to turn off so its an admin settable option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:09 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Very well then. Forgot about that option. I know they had it in the Kitty Matrix before - and I had thought it was a good option then...

Post subject: Alignment Changes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:15 am 

I agree that the exploit is wrong.

However, wasn't this the intended result of adding alignments to the bounty system? Didn't you want larger players attacking smaller players? This is really all it's acomplished.

Maybe aligment could be used for something else other than the bounty system?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well you cant please everybody when larger players were being attacked they said "HEY, its not fair that a smaller player can take my stuff and I can do nothing about it" Hence we added the alignment change. Besides it really is good vs evil and its not that hard to stay neutral. I saw a serious small attacker in the last main game do real well and didn't care what his alignment was and managed to stay hidden from the huge players in the game.

Myself I like it. If your an attacker and want to see how good you really are you let your alignment slip into the good/evil status. Its like playing a no bounty game.

What really needs to occurr is for us to list what will help or hinder your alignment. There needs to be ways to work it both ways, as alot of times you may find yourself in a position that you cannot flip it easily. The above change will make it so its not effected as drastically as it was before.

Post subject: Re: Alignment Changes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 pm 
Developer
Developer

Preston wrote:
I agree that the exploit is wrong.

However, wasn't this the intended result of adding alignments to the bounty system? Didn't you want larger players attacking smaller players? This is really all it's accomplished.

Maybe alignment could be used for something else other than the bounty system?

Yes, that was the intention of having alignments. The problem is that it was never intended that someone could cause someones alignment to radically change like that. To be honest successfully attacking a planet should probably have a SET value and not be based off the players rating number. Everything else in the game uses a set value. The only area in the game where the rating change is based off the defenders rating are planets.

We may change this even further and have a set rating based only on the average tech level of the planet. That rating will be made either positive or negative based upon the rating of the owner of the planet when attacked. This way players can't radically skew the rating system like they have been.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]