It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:03 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: The game index page...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:05 am 
Developer
Developer

I know the main index page is a little... erm... confusing.

It is going to be reworked so the current number of players is displayed for each game shown and the max for each game. Right now the players shown are sometimes game 1 and sometimes game 2. If you view the rankings or settings for game two then the players online shown at the bottom of the page are for game 2 until you view the ranking or settings for a different game. This confuses people as to how many people are currently online.

The same thing is happening for the countdown timer. The multigame code will allow you to have as many games running off the same URL as you want and each game can have it's own schedule rate.

So all games will list the max players, current players online and countdown timer for each game listed. This will make things alot more clear for people checking out the games.

I have scraped the idea of making a hacked 0.21 version of the traderoute code. It means a couple of days before people can use traderoutes but I think you will really get a kick out of the new code. It is also alot smaller and faster. There is a single small 9k program that takes care of all port trades and it is going to be used in the new traderoute. It will be even smaller and faster than the original 0.30 traderoute code I was working on.

Right now we are mainly focusing on any game killing bugs and some cosmetic issues. So please keep of the fantastic work in testing things out. I do know there are still some issues with the combat code so be sure to check out ship and planet combat.

Again we thank everyone for their effort. :)

Last edited by Panama Jack on Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:27 am 
Developer
Developer

I have just updated the main game index so you can tell when each game will perform it's scheduled update, how many players are currently in each game as well as the maximum number of players each game allows.

The main index page will now always default to the first game in the list when you return to it after looking at the rankings or settings for other games.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]