It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:58 am 
Developer
Developer

It sounnds like you either have PHP setup wrong on your computer or your unzip program didn't unzip properly.

I downloaded the package from source forge and just tested it and it runs without a problem.

Post subject: Re: Installer Bugged :s
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:27 am 
Trial
Trial

I got a problem when installing either on the local server or the webserver.

Saving: backends/phpfreechat/themes/phoenity/smileys/exclam.gif

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in J:\xampp\htdocs\Sabai\AlienTrade
\install_aatrade_package.php on line 444
Running with Opera

Running the script with K-Meleon it looks a little different.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in J:\xampp\htdocs\Sabai\AlienTrade\install_aatrade_package.php on line 497

I was wondering the script had been running quite a time more than one minute.

The next problem I faced was when I had been trying to upload the package to the webspace (maybe something was wrong with my Apache installation). But the hoster permits only uploads not exceeding 8000kB per file.

Then I renamed the package file to a tar-file and extracted all files and directories manually, and got an error message that there was a mistake in the file when coming to the file ....\templates\pfcclient-custo.js.tpl.ph

I downloaded the eintire package from several mirrors, the result is always the same. Therefore I assume there is something damaged in the zip file.

Nevertheless being curious I ran the extracted script to see what will happen, the installations hangs at the item: Scanning game files.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MooHo wrote:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in J:\xampp\htdocs\Sabai\AlienTrade
Running with Opera

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in J:\xampp\htdocs\Sabai\AlienTrade\install_aatrade_package.php on line 497

You need to tweak your php.ini file to allow the execution time to be longer. On slower machines you may have this problem.

change this line in your php file from:
max_execution_time = 60
to
max_execution_time = 120

You may want to adjust up accordingly.

Are you using xampp for your local machine?

Quote:
The next problem I faced was when I had been trying to upload the package to the webspace (maybe something was wrong with my Apache installation). But the hoster permits only uploads not exceeding 8000kB per file.

Sounds like he is using php to upload with. DO you have ftp access? Ftp shouldnt have that type of limitation.

Quote:
Then I renamed the package file to a tar-file and extracted all files and directories manually, and got an error message that there was a mistake in the file when coming to the file ....\templates\pfcclient-custo.js.tpl.ph

I downloaded the eintire package from several mirrors, the result is always the same. Therefore I assume there is something damaged in the zip file.

Nevertheless being curious I ran the extracted script to see what will happen, the installations hangs at the item: Scanning game files.

If you are using winzip to uncompress it, it will thow an error. Try using winrar, I am unsure what PJ used to tar up the archive but for some reason I get problems with using winzip to untar with. However winrar seems to open it perfectly and uncompress the archive fine.

Hope this helps some as PJ is out of town probably till early next week.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:45 pm 
Developer
Developer

MooHo wrote:

Running with Opera

The installer isn't bugged but it sure sounds like the machine your host has put you on is severely overloaded or a Windows server.

On a 2.1 ghz Linux server it takes less than 10 seconds for the install_aatrade_package.php to run. It's not a dedicated server but has two other AATrade games running on it along with about 4 other web sites.

Now the reason I included a Windows server is because the file system Windows servers uses is monstrously SLOW compared to the file system used on most Linux servers. I wouldn't recommend running ANYTHING on a Windows server because of the massive overhead from the operating system and slow file system.

MooHo wrote:

Some file systems, especially Windows, limit you to a fixed number of bytes for the PATH and the FILENAME. If you exceed that limit you will receive a file error. Some hosting companies will bury web sites in ridiculously LONG paths (IE: /webshost/home/http/website/a_to_c/b/brian/www/ ). Then when you try to install a software package that has some decent directory paths you find out the install fails horribly because of the stupidity of the hosting company. There is nothing we can do about any of the problems listed above.

I have tested the installer on a 3.2 ghz Windows server and it takes about 45 seconds for the installer to finish compared to a 2.1 ghz Linux server. So avoid using the installer on most Windows servers.

Just un-tar the aatrade_package file and upload each file individually or rename it to aatrade_package.tar and upload the file to the server and un-tar it there.

There is absolutely nothing we can do about the PATH/FILENAME length problem. That is something the hosting company should take care of and never have allowed to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:43 pm 
Trial
Trial

Thanks for your answers.

Yes on my local computer I am using XAMPP under Windows XP, 2GB RAM, and 3GHz Processor. I also downloaded LAMPPIX to run a server under linux, here I got another problem (I am not familiar with linus, even when hating Windows, but due to professional needs I have to stick to it) and I could find the script files. Most probably because I started from a Boot-CD.
I already increased the execution time to 120s. Nothing changed, are there any more php.ini?
When using XAMPP I boot from different HD, reducing background tasks to the bare minimum. Before uploading I wanted to get familiar (particular the admin-functions), therefore using a local server.

It appears to me, that the hoster is running Debian, because when I open phpMyAdmin, there is a message showing something regarding Debian.
I have ftp access to my site, and here the size limit of files uploading is 8MB, another hoster limited to only 1.5MB.

To extracted the files with the internal packer of TotalCommand (here are a lot of different packers included and it is quite convenient to work with). Now I will try to use different packers.
I will let you know, whether there is any progress.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:15 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

MooHo wrote:
Thanks for your answers.

Yes on my local computer I am using XAMPP under Windows XP, 2GB RAM, and 3GHz Processor. I also downloaded LAMPPIX to run a server under linux, here I got another problem (I am not familiar with linus, even when hating Windows, but due to professional needs I have to stick to it) and I could find the script files. Most probably because I started from a Boot-CD.
I already increased the execution time to 120s. Nothing changed, are there any more php.ini?
When using XAMPP I boot from different HD, reducing background tasks to the bare minimum. Before uploading I wanted to get familiar (particular the admin-functions), therefore using a local server.

It appears to me, that the hoster is running Debian, because when I open phpMyAdmin, there is a message showing something regarding Debian.
I have ftp access to my site, and here the size limit of files uploading is 8MB, another hoster limited to only 1.5MB.

To extracted the files with the internal packer of TotalCommand (here are a lot of different packers included and it is quite convenient to work with). Now I will try to use different packers.
I will let you know, whether there is any progress.

If you read from phpinfo() function, that size limit is 8MB for uploading, it is for scripts with upload function to server. On FTP most servers have unlimited size for uploaded files.
On my windows local server with Apache and PHP I must set limit for execution install script on 300, limit under three minutes is problematic :o(

With extracted files is not control of write permission for some directories {for example player_windows_position}.

So try changing settings on php.ini and game will running ;o)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:03 am 
Trial
Trial

With 360s it worked :lol: . I could run the game on my local server.

The 8MB limit is not for php-scripts, it is a generel limit for file uploads.

I will now upload the entire folder including all files and directories and run the installer script, hoping it will work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:38 pm 
Trial
Trial

I am going to post my almost exact same problem here first. I get the same error when installing (Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\aatrade\install_aatrade_package.php on line 499). The line number changes every time i retry the install. I have changed the time limits in php.ini from 60 to 120 to 360... Every time I get the exact same error (with a different line number). I am running this on the latest version of xampp on a win32 machine(XP) 3.2 ghz and 2 gigs memory. Any ideas on what may STILL be causing this? Other than that I am having no other problems. Guess I gotta get past this problem before I can have other ones, huh? :???:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:38 am 
Developer
Developer

If it is always failing at 60 seconds execution time then you haven't been changing the right php.ini file.

Running an apache server on a windows platform is NOTORIOUSLY slow because the windows file system quite frankly stinks in speed compared to linux. It should install in under 60 seconds unless your windows machine is really bogged down with a bunch of background tasks. The routine that installs the package is straight forward. It just unpacks an UNCOMPRESSED TAR file and saves the files out and creates any needed directories.

On our game server is running on an AMD Athlon XP 2100 CPU with 1 gig or memory using a Xampp install for Linux. The server has 4 other sites on it and it takes about 15 seconds to run the package installer. Plus it is deleting all of the old compiled template files. So the problem is on your end and I will say it is windows itself causing the problem.

My test machine is an Intel Core 2 Duo with Windows XP using the latest Xampp and it takes about 30 seconds to run the installer. Almost twice as long on a dual core system with 2 gig of ram under Windows. Windows just plain stinks when it comes to speed. :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]