It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Deaths in any game...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:56 pm 
Developer
Developer

I just talked this over with Tarnus and we are going to record EVERY death for players using a profile in any game starting with 0.31.

What this means is if you have registered your profile in any 0.31 or higher game and you die without an escape pod for any reason it will be recorded in your permanent player history. If you are prone to getting bored and suiciding in any game the suicide will be recorded if you have registered your profile.

All players who die in a game without an escape pod will be recorded with a rank of 9999 irrespective of their actual rank in the game.

We feel that if you register your profile in any game your actions should be recorded in your permanent history. Plus your history will list the type of death just like the last 10 death list on the ranking page.

Post subject: Re: Deaths in any game...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:26 pm 
Developer
Developer

The main game has been updated with these changes. If you die in the main game without an escape pod your death will be reported to the Profile Web Site within 1 hour of the player dying.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:44 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Well I don't know if the current tourney is going to be recored in profiles... but if it is... I want it OFF my records atleast. I think I deserve that since the won that OUR team won (draft tourney) wasn't recorded... Plus the fact that this current tourney wasn't supposed to be a "couple of teams versus a couple of individuals" which it turned out to be.

If the posts about all this had been in place before it even started then I wouldn't even mention it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A-Blitz wrote:
Well I don't know if the current tourney is going to be recored in profiles... but if it is... I want it OFF my records atleast. I think I deserve that since the won that OUR team won (draft tourney) wasn't recorded... Plus the fact that this current tourney wasn't supposed to be a "couple of teams versus a couple of individuals" which it turned out to be.

If the posts about all this had been in place before it even started then I wouldn't even mention it.

Well AB, according to the tourney rules. If someone not on the same team is proven to be working together both teams could get kicked from the tourney. I'd have alf check the messages and see if it appears that is the case.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:49 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Huh ? I didn't bring that up. What I meant was that some people didn't stay active after the suicides. We know who did all the complaining about the teamwork between opposite teams. ;) I dunno about that. No one did anything obvious that would of been in logs. at least not my log. As far as anyone questioning me (if they did, which I don't think) That would be laughable. I found absolutely nothing as far as planets on my map in beginning. There were probably alot of messages in the game. We already know how some people (Weapon master) do things. But of course I wouldn't work or speak (maybe say hi & bye) with him. I wouldn't work with anyone in a tourney game like except those on my own team period. Max even said he expected the same from everyone...

I only expected maybe one person to take the suicide route. It was a funny experience. Someone loses 1 maybe 2 planets realspace and they are back trying to defend whatever you left there with their life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:03 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I think score at time of death should be recorded. It's pretty pointless that it isn't... I mean if they got to something like 100M score and then got killed when they got a new SC and tried to move it out of the SG to buy a pod and then hit mines, they'd lose all that forever, even in the rankings.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:03 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

The tournament should be recorded in profiles as I have applied PJ's patches. This area of the forum should not be used to discuss the tournament. If there are issues, then raise them with me, please.

Chers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:15 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

edit

Last edited by A-Blitz on Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:42 pm 
Developer
Developer

One of the other things I think we will be adding in the future is an end of game stat for every game. Add a link to every finished game in everyones profile that will take them to a page that shows the entire final list of standings for the game. Basically everything you see on the ranking page will be transfered to our profile server and stored. This way players can see exactly how a game finished.

We can also create pages that allow players to view all of the games ever completed on every server. It will be a record so players can see what servers have long running games or have many games per year and possibly how they are run. I am also thinking about storing the configuration for each game as well so people can see how the game was setup.

You will also be able to view completed game finals by regular or tournament to see what servers have been running tournament games. The more information we can give everyone the better.

We will also try to have all of these things ready before any new tournament and they will be in the 0.31 release.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:22 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

That's all very good, especially the link to the rankings page from the profile, but I still think dying without an escape pod should record your score AToD.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]