It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:12 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Planet max colonists
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:51 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

This is my second round, but I still don't know how a planet's maximum population is determined. I think it's a linear function of the average tech level, and a y-intercept of one billion, but I don't know what the slope is. I may be able to figure it out, but I really don't feel like it. Could someone tell me?

Post subject: Re: Planet max colonists
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1 billion base then 50,000,000 for each avg tech over that so a level 100 planet can have 5,000,000,000 for the tech level plus the initial 1 bill for a total of 6 bill.

DId that help?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:45 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

This information should be disclosed on each planet. Put the "max colonists" field right next to the current colonists (or a line below).

Furthermore - max armor should get the same facelift.

As a several year player of this game coming back from a 6 month break, I have found that many things about this game are "tribal knowledge" and that makes playing the game have a huge learning curve. And big learning curves don't retain new players very well.

I started a list of all the "head scratchers" that I have come across so as to pass it on to the dev team. I will pop it all into a post in a week or so after I do some attacking. So I can be sure to have some bullets for that aspect of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kwae Zar wrote:
This information should be disclosed on each planet. Put the "max colonists" field right next to the current colonists (or a line below).

Furthermore - max armor should get the same facelift.

As a several year player of this game coming back from a 6 month break, I have found that many things about this game are "tribal knowledge" and that makes playing the game have a huge learning curve. And big learning curves don't retain new players very well.

I started a list of all the "head scratchers" that I have come across so as to pass it on to the dev team. I will pop it all into a post in a week or so after I do some attacking. So I can be sure to have some bullets for that aspect of the game.

Heya KZ, this is one of the reason we built the lobby. I completely agree with you, We are not great documenters. So any help and things you would like added to the fed info port we would welcome the help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:07 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Well thanks a lot Tarnus. That does help loads.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]