It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Larger SGs
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:01 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

An SG is supposed to create a "pocket" universe connected to the main by a wormhole. Why should the pocket only be the size of one sector? It would be cool if you could RS around in larger SGs. You may be able to tie that into the research thing. Having to research better SG torps would be logical. It should also require more energy and stuff to use. You could make it like 3x3 or bigger with better research and stuff. That would throw off nav comps mapping out the whole SG and make things a bit more interesting.

Post subject: Re: Larger SGs
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:57 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Any enhancements that can be tied to "research" I am nearly always in favor of! Including this enchanced SG proposal.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well one thing on the agenda is multiple galaxies with limited entry and exits. We are still thinking of how this might work, but the build code is already included in the current game.

The only thing I see as a problem with your Realspace SG is the fact once in you could look at a local map to be able to roam around it more easily. Not sure I completely like the RS concept inside SGs

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:59 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
Well one thing on the agenda is multiple galaxies with limited entry and exits. We are still thinking of how this might work, but the build code is already included in the current game.

The only thing I see as a problem with your Realspace SG is the fact once in you could look at a local map to be able to roam around it more easily. Not sure I completely like the RS concept inside SGs

I want to be able to send RS Probes into this SG because you folks will remove warp links for probe invasions...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:32 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Yes, it would require above zero engines to explore an SG with this rather than just upgrading sensors. And why not have a local map for a SG? That affords a bit more safety inside your own territory, without making attacking a lot harder. It just makes it harder to map out the SG if it isn't yours. On the other hand, it'll be easier for builders to map out their own SGs because with this they won't have to dig back as far.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:13 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Alright, I had another idea. How about with upgraded SG torps, you could make it more likely to get a SG with a higher planet max? Also, if you could make it so that with upgraded SG torps you could get sectors that supported more than just 3 warp links, that could be worth investing in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:07 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Valience wrote:
Alright, I had another idea. How about with upgraded SG torps, you could make it more likely to get a SG with a higher planet max? Also, if you could make it so that with upgraded SG torps you could get sectors that supported more than just 3 warp links, that could be worth investing in.

More planets in one sector - more defences - lower chance to defeat the sector. And than could be this great safe strongholds -- and it isn't good for game.
Number of warp links is in config values, I think, but I don't remember it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:10 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Well it could be changed. And you seem opposed to anything I suggest that would move the game along more as people obtained more wealth... I think it would make the game more fun, wouldn't pose as big a problem with beefed up security as you are acting like it would, and that wasn't the point anyway. Its to be more prosperous for the builder. Anyway, what, are you opposed to upgrading SD tech levels on planets too?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:26 pm 

I hate to tell you Valience that attacking in a RS SG would be a lot easier. After you get in the door any sector would be accessible from there. You wouldn't have the easily defended bottle neck of a tunnel to keep people out. You might as well eliminate the need for an SG at all.

Investigative Reporting of breaking news from the leading edge of a galaxy near you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:59 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Thats not true at all. You're not thinking this through. You could make a RS SG and then RS to a sector inside there, and being the bottle neck thing again. You could make it so that only one sector in there led to more sectors and planets, so the bottleneck is preserved. It throws a wrench in the nav computer though.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]