It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:49 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Specified Bounty
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:56 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Since the bounty system can be easily exploited with the podding of one's junkship when he/she has a bounty, I propose a change.

When selecting a bounty, a person can select one of the following things that must be met before the bounty is met:

a) Any ship
b) Cargo Ship
c) Capital Ship
d) Stealth Ship
e) Death

Or any other specified class of ship. Therefore, the bounty cannot be exploited and we'll see more people posting bounties since they can choose the criteria.

Post subject: Re: Specified Bounty
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:47 pm 
Developer
Developer

SPAR7AN wrote:
Since the bounty system can be easily exploited with the podding of one's junkship when he/she has a bounty, I propose a change.

Huh?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:27 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Since it is apparantly so hard to comprehend the idea, I will spell it out.

Tarnus posted a 1,000,000,000,000 credit bounty on a certain player. I contacted said player, agreed to pay him 100,000,000,000 credits for him to create a level 0 Pioneer,and give me coordinates. In exchange, I took 900,000,000,000 credits from Tarnus, and the player who Tarnus wanted hunted, ended up gaining a lot of credits. That is not fair to a player to end up paying money to a player he was trying to hurt.

What was suggested was that when a player places a bounty, he would be able to choose any ship, the ship type, or even placing a bounty for the ultimate death of a player.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its actually something me and PJ have discussed, he just didn't see it as an exploit. But I know we have talked about that for a long time, its just not been on the priority list.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:43 pm 

Is there anyway of having only a portion of the bounty equivalent to the value of the ship be paid, and have the remainder stay in place until all the bounty is collected from ships big enough to cover it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:46 am 
Developer
Developer

What could be done is add a Federation Tax to the bounty. When you transfer money from one player to another via the IGB there is a fee attached to the transaction. It is a percentage of the amount transfered.

We could do the same thing with player placed bounties. When another player collects a player placed bounty the Federation taxes the amount. We could make the percentage 3-5% higher than the IGB transfer percentage. That would make it kind of worthless to transfer funds through the bounty system. It would be cheaper to transfer through the IGB as intended.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:09 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

He's not saying that players are transferring money through it, he's saying that bounties have become a joke, though I find it a fairly funny joke myself. I don't think Max was talking about me, but when Tarnus put a 1T bounty on me, I called up a friend I owed 1T to, told him where I was, he got my unupgraded but escape pod equipped pioneer, 1T, I no longer have a bounty, and Tarnus is down 1T. That's always a good thing. I must admit, it is a bit of an exploit and probably should be fixed, but its a fun one to exploit. I liked the idea Spartan had about the capital ship. He didn't expound upon it much, but I think what he meant was the bounty money is only sent if the largest (most net worth) ship a player owns is destroyed. Of course, Tarnus would have been waiting a while, but I'm sure thats what he meant. Even in the shouts, when he saw that I had gotten rid of the bounty and kept my ship, he said that he'd pay 1T when a player could provide proof of them killing my main ship. This would make the process much easier, and it wouldn't require screen shots. Heck, I could just photoshop up some "proof" anyway, and it wouldn't be hard at all to make it look believeable.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]