It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: SD EWDs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:29 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

This is something I would love to see in the next round. For one, of course, it will benefit me a lot, because I plan on trying out the scouting mode of playing (only thing I haven't spent much time doing in AAT so far), but I think also it will expand the game a lot by just adding this one thing. I think that when a person tries to cloak into a sector and is detected by the SD they should have the normal chance to EWD away. It really makes sense, and it makes snooping around in giant SGs a lot safer for spies. If my stealth has 370 cloak, and I see the SD has 365 cloak, I'm probably not going to risk my .9QD ship or so no matter how much I want to know how much cash is behind that 600M SD fighter force. Like this, if I EWD away, I don't get to see what's in the SG, so the builder has still "won" but I haven't lost, so I'm much more willing to try it. I think if you did this, we would see a huge amount of growth in the game as far as the intelligence trade. As it is, scouts can only sell locations of SGs, and since they don't know how much they may have (because they're too scared to try to find out) they can't get away with charging too much since the SG may not have a lot. If they could GUARNTEE that the SG held, say over 250T or something, they could get away with charging a lot more, and it would be much more lucrative. I think that would put the scout up there earning like an attacker, since they would be able to focus funds into just two or three categories rather than eight or so.

Post subject: Re: SD EWDs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:28 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

I like this Idea....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:19 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I kinda figured you would. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 am 

:rant: I don't like it at all! As if us gentle builders don't have enough to worry about already with all the meanies trying to steal what we've built from good honest labor!

Gotta admit it's a good idea though. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

As of now, builders rule the game. You can't get to the top just attacking. Spies are the least productive. This would just even things out a little.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:29 am 

Valience wrote:
. . . .Spies are the least productive. . . .

:lol:
Funny you should say that considering the events of the day. :razz:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sure you can get to the top just attacking. It takes more work to be an attacker all the time, not to mention as you move to the top your targets get smaller and smaller. So an attacker that moves to the top has the choice of either, build, or constantly be searching the universe for targets that will come into his range. What usually happens when an attacker gets to the top is they get lazy and make mistakes and a smaller player comes in and takes advantage of those mistakes and drops them to the bottom of the charts.

No one is 100% safe in the game, although Lucky Star may be the closest to safe I have seen with his game methods ( may have to force him out of fed space) :)

Builders just look like they are always number one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:39 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Aww, don't kick Lucky out of Fed space. He doesn't hurt anyone, so it's not like what he's doing is unfair.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No I wouldn't do that... the only thing that we might do is limit his trading in fed space. Since his hull is so large he is making it harder for new users to find good trade routes. We may just have to limit his trading in fed space with such a large hull.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:52 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

I am no longer trading in FED Space.... I am hoping for some fun after all of this time.... :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:33 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

:D That'd heal my recent wounds right well, blowing up your SC would.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You will just get more wounds... what were you thinkin changing teams :) Now shooting you is even MORE appealing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:04 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I didn't have anywhere to go though, before. This is really just a team merge. We were already allies anyway, not that anyone was unaware. I may have to buy a 300 sensor AR quality ship and start looking for Lucky now. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:02 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Valience wrote:
I didn't have anywhere to go though, before. This is really just a team merge. We were already allies anyway, not that anyone was unaware. I may have to buy a 300 sensor AR quality ship and start looking for Lucky now. :D

Be careful, you just might find me : ) :o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like he may not be drivin an SC anymore... you may find yourself taking another trip to sol val ;)

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next