It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Fed Space Fakeout Sectors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:17 pm 

Lucky Starr posted about this with regard to probes. The theory (I think) was that there might be a bug in the probe code that was causing the sectors to report as a Fed Space sector when it wasn't.

I'm not using any probes right now, and I'm seeing the same thing that Lucky reported: sectors that have LINKS to a Fed Space sector show up as being Fed Space sectors THEMSELVES, when viewed in the big MAP (and only in the map). If you click on one of the sectors and visit it, once you actually get there it will claim it is a Uncharted sector, but it will still show as Fed Space in the big MAP (I haven't noticed if this is the case in the local map or not).

In addition, I've noticed that I've got a sector in the Map that is showing as part of a player's territory, when in fact that player has nothing there. That sector DOES have a LINK to that player's territory, though. This suggests that it is the same bug in a different guise?

The thing that puzzles me is that, although I'm not certain, I don't THINK the sector always showed up that way, but only changed after a period of time. If someone is the dominant traffic in a particular sector for a while, and that sector links to a sector they own, do they then sort of 'take over' the linking sector by default?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]