It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:39 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: AATrade 0.31 point release...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:25 pm 
Developer
Developer

Just wanted to let admins know we will be coming out with a 0.31 point release for AATrade. It includes a few minor fixes and adjustments to the game code. There may even be a couple of new Debris items. The point release will be packaged just like a normal release and you can install it over an existing game without having to reset it.

So if there are any outstanding issues that haven't been mentioned yet please post them in this thread.

We are also changing how the players are shown on a server in the server list and new signups. Right now you can move your mouse over the name of a server and it will show a list of all players on the server by pulling up that servers Ranking Page. There are a number of problems with this. We are going to use a completely different method. Only servers that have installed the Point Release version of AATrade will have the players on their servers show up in the mouse overs on the server lists.

Post subject: Re: AATrade 0.31 point release...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:55 pm 

These are minor issues, and I don't know if you've seen them and just haven't responded because they were minor, or if you missed them, but I thought I'd mention them again.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3375

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3374

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:15 am 

Here's another minor issue I just noticed:

I changed the names of some planets I captured. In my starvation log, they still show the old planet names, not the new ones, even on events that occurred AFTER I changed their names.

In addition, the starvation calculation displayed in the log appears to be wack. I'm being told I've starved 4B colonists, when the population has dropped by like 100M.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:17 pm 
Developer
Developer

gizmo wrote:
Here's another minor issue I just noticed:

I changed the names of some planets I captured. In my starvation log, they still show the old planet names, not the new ones, even on events that occurred AFTER I changed their names.

In addition, the starvation calculation displayed in the log appears to be wack. I'm being told I've starved 4B colonists, when the population has dropped by like 100M.

Yeah, the starvation code never took into account that the planet name would change. That should be fixed now.

The reason you are seeing the 4B colonists starved is because the starvation entry keeps track of the total number of colonists that have starved. This will only get reset back to 0 when you don't have ANY colonists starve on the planet for 24 hours. If even 1 colonist starves within the 24 hour period they are added to the total and the log is updated.

So that planet has been starving probably pretty regular and the total is probably the number that starved from the old owner. It's usually an indication that you still have way too low a setting on your organics production for the planet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:21 pm 

Hmm........that makes sense, I guess.

Here's another one, but I don't know if this is a bug or by design:

FNN News seems to only report the number of planets you have BUILT, not the number of planets you HAVE.

E.g. FNN News reports that some player has 5 planets. In fact they have 15, but they captured 10 of them from someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 pm 
Developer
Developer

The FNN is reporting the number of planets they have own at that time. So they may have captured those planets but they may not have held on to them. They could have been recaptured or destroyed. That part of the news is only updated every 30 minutes. So they could lose some of those planets they may have taken or built before the news gets updated. It is not something that gets posted to the news as soon as they hit that many planets.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:53 pm 

Ok. That's not the problem.

In our example, the player had owned those 12 planets for several days (not just a matter of a few minutes or a few hours). 10 were captures, and two were built with Genesis torpedos. Nothing in FNN. Then he BUILDS 3 more planets, and all of a sudden, FNN mentions that he has 5 planets.

This is an example. I can provide you with concrete data privately if you wish.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:24 pm 
Developer
Developer

PM it and I will look into it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]