It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:51 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Things I think should be changed
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:47 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

First, get rid of the warp debris. I mean, how is this good? The vast majority of the time it does nothing, but on the rare occasion, it can destroy someone who has labored months to build a solid SG by pure chance. Chance will always be a factor in the game, but the fate of someone who has worked so hard shouldn't rest on so much on it.

Also, using SG torps to link back to known sectors should have a cap for the cost just like making new SG sectors. More than 50T is nuts.

Heck, if you ask me, I think it ought to be free. It costs enough to make new sectors once you get deep in. Sealing the SG off shouldn't be so expensive. But since it's probably not going to be free, at least leave it at 50T. A friend of mine spent 500T sealing off his SG.

As I always repeat, richer builders means richer attacks. Everyone is happier.

Post subject: Re: Things I think should be changed
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
First, get rid of the warp debris. I mean, how is this good? The vast majority of the time it does nothing, but on the rare occasion, it can destroy someone who has labored months to build a solid SG by pure chance. Chance will always be a factor in the game, but the fate of someone who has worked so hard shouldn't rest on so much on it.

I like the idea of a risky warp link going into an SG. Its rare, but there is always the possibility. Its truly a luck factor, and if you have defended a bit, you wont have to worry about it. Its usually the little guys good fortune. We've had it happen to us before, randomness can happen anywhere is life and so goes the warp debris. Risk clickin, might get you rewarded.

Quote:

Also, using SG torps to link back to known sectors should have a cap for the cost just like making new SG sectors. More than 50T is nuts.

Heck, if you ask me, I think it ought to be free. It costs enough to make new sectors once you get deep in. Sealing the SG off shouldn't be so expensive. But since it's probably not going to be free, at least leave it at 50T. A friend of mine spent 500T sealing off his SG.

As I always repeat, richer builders means richer attacks. Everyone is happier.

If hes that deep, then I am sure it will be expensive. Builders that make huge deep lairs will just have to deal with the costs.

So far, you don't have my vote for change, and usually you have to convince me first ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:13 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

None of those are real serious things, as you can see, or I would have given more of an argument. It's just like every month or so, I have to get up on my soap box. It's a ritual ;) Those are my two most recent complaints. Thought I'd voice 'em. If you don't want to change, you don't change.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:28 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Well, since the reset is approaching, I'll mention something else that I'd like to see added:

The ability to force planets independent without destroying them. This should be available from the normal planet report page. This way, the player doesn't even have to remember where planets are in order to get rid of them.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]