It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:58 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Planet types and sector stars
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:15 pm 
Trial
Trial

Hi everyone. I am very new to the game and had a few questions about sectors and the planets in them.

Is there a list anywhere of the different types of planets that can be created and what their attributes are? Are there even any differences between the types of planets other than the graphics? I've noticed around 2 or 3 "blue" planets and a "brown moon-like" planet.

Also, does the color of the sector's sun have any impact?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I haven't been able to find any information about these topics yet.

Thanks!!

Post subject: Re: Planet types and sector stars
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jaconis wrote:
Hi everyone. I am very new to the game and had a few questions about sectors and the planets in them.

Is there a list anywhere of the different types of planets that can be created and what their attributes are? Are there even any differences between the types of planets other than the graphics? I've noticed around 2 or 3 "blue" planets and a "brown moon-like" planet.

Also, does the color of the sector's sun have any impact?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I haven't been able to find any information about these topics yet.

Thanks!!

The suns can let you know how many planets you can have in a sector. The easiest way to see what suns matchup is to look at the sector name. The second item in the sector name indicates how many planets a sector supports. So if you run into a planet that is R5XXXX that would indicate the sector supports 5 planets and when you enter that sector you will notice it is a Big Blue Sun.

The planets is a different story. The brown one produces more ore I think and less organics. I get the two plue ones confused, one is a well rounded and I think the other produces better organics./ Pj will have to clarify.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:36 pm 
Developer
Developer

That's why there is an Info Port in Sol Sector.

Go there and read What do the different planetgraphics mean?. That tells you about the different planet graphics.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:51 am 
Trial
Trial

Thanks Tarnus and PJ. That helped. I'm really loving the game!! Is there a way to have this information available without having to be in Federation Space? I was towed twice trying to read the information there.

PJ, you seemed a little irritated at my question and I get it. If I may offer a suggestion though? Between the Wiki, the Help/FAQ, the Info Ports, and the Forums, information is scattered everywhere and can be exhausting trying to find answers. Maybe if all the game information, rules, statistics, faqs, etc, were located all in one place outside of the game (like the wiki or another location) and maybe create a link to it in the Help menu in-game?

Tarnus, if I understand your reply, the star color itself is not important and the main thing I should look for is the 2nd character in the sector name to see how many planets it will support. Is that correct?

Here's hopefully my last planet question for now. Is there a way to transfer team planets to another member of your team? If not, could it be a possiblility in future versions? The reason I ask is that a teammate and I started building in the same sector as we started learning the game (figure safety in numbers, right!?). He had two planets to my one. Once we started deploying sector defenses, our Autotrade Routes stopped working due to "enemy contacts" in that sector. So now were stuck with either no sector defenses or no Autotrade Routes. It seems like a waste to have a teammate attack a planet just to keep the money flow going, ya know!?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]