It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:47 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Credit Production Change
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:47 pm 
Developer
Developer

We have changed the way credits are produced on a planet. It evens out how credits are produced on each planet. Credit production is slower but more even.

There is nolonger any planetary interest rate.

Credit production is now completely based upon the number of colonists you have set for credit production. The more colonists you have on a planet the more credits they will produce but you don't gain any interest for credits already on the planet. Basically if you have 0% colonists devoted to credit production the planet will not generate any credits.

Interest Dignitaries are going to be changed to Credit Boosters. They will cause the colonists who are creating credits to make more credits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't know why you complain...IZ did all your work anyways. Your gonna have to do a little more work than just sit back and collect interest. Its gonna keep the game much more even and there should be a whole lot less runnaways. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:03 am 
Developer
Developer

You will still have bankers. Those will be the people who set their production levels as low as they can get without losing energy, and armor points so they can have maxi8mum credit production from most colonists making money.

It will just be a lot SLOWER than is has been and people with more money will nolonger make more money just because they have more money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:10 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, if their ship is attacked and destroyed they can lose upto 75% of the cash on their ship. So keeping all of your cash on your ship is a very, very BAD thing.

And one of the combat options that will be coming up in the future is the ability to try and steal money from an enemy ship. If you fail they tend to attack you and you can't fight back. So stealing has a risk. Not coded yet but it is coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

xiadix wrote:
Which games does this affect?

Personally, I don't like this because it removes any incentive to hold money on the planet. How am I supposed to steal these peoples money if they constantly have it on them instead of on a planet to earn interest. We don't have a pick-pocket ship.,

KevG

Well there will still be planets with lots of cash. No one will want to hold too much cash on thier ship with the coming changes. Planets now become even more valuable as they are money makers. You will find yourself taking more and more planets, especially with huge collonists.

Interest has really put a strangle hold on the game longevity and made people lazy. I know from experience as I had over 300 quad in the last tourney and nearly 400 mill score. The next closest person had 35 mill score. I didn't get that score from conquering but from banking. Then once my cash hit a point my score became a runnaway and no once could catch me. What fun is that really....

This change will only be in effect in the beta and won't go into effect for other games till after .20 is released and all our games are reset.

These changes will help our long term goals and enable us to give players some features we were not going to give them unless they were very huge. Now we can offer a whole slew of options as its going to keep the game much more well balanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:43 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, dignitaries nolonger display their percentages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:07 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

What an interesting change, the more colonists the more likely for a revolt, and the more money you make. But you could lose even more in a revolt. I think you will see alot more people's score's jumping. Those who are willing to risk it all for the extra points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:34 pm 
Developer
Developer

No, the planetary interest is gone and not coming back.

Here is the reason. A player can just sit back and do virtually nothing and gain all kinds of money so that a lower player cannot catch up. So what if the top player loses some planets. It doesn't affect his score much because he is banking his money on his ship and hiding. Just consolodating the cash from his planets every day or so. No one will ever catch him.

With no planetary interest players have to actually work for the money they make. Top players can be taken down more readily. The top players actually have to worry that some smaller player will get them.

With planetary interest a larger player can make HUGE amounts of money just because he has alot of money.

Without planetary interest planets will make the same amount of money based upon the colonists they have devoted to making money. They nolonger make free cash without any work.

The game will be far more balanced and you shouldn't see runaway scores like you normally do. Those run away scores are ONLY caused by planet interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Planetary interest does nothing to even out the game. ALl planetary interest does is make the rich get richer and so far out of reach there is no way you can catch them. Take a look at the tourneys as examples. Everyone starts out the same, but once someone bust loose, there is no catching them, and if you cannot find them, its over. With the new system you make money with planets and collonists. SO planets become much more valuable.

This will create a ton more balance in the game. Look at the beta scores, everything is fairly even. No runaways. Even before we reset it this last weekend.

There will also be some other suprises on the horizon and other ways to make money, but you will have to wait and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:59 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, right now Interest Dignitaries are adding interest on all of the credits on a planet. They ARE going to change to adding interest only to the credits the colonists devoted to making credits have made that update. Right now interest digs do basically the same thing that planetary interest did but at a much SMALLER rate.

So look for that to change in the next couple of days or so. We are trying to optimize the scheduler code to make it faster and that is one area where things are really slow. So it is taking awhile. :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]