It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:07 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 3D Galaxy Map
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:07 pm 
Developer
Developer

I have just added a 3D Galaxy Map to the beta game.

I would like to again thank Kelly Shane Harrelson for the initial code for displaying the galaxy as a graphic and for the Spiral Galaxy code. This wouldn't have been possible without his submission.

Right now there isn't anything really useful about the display but you can get an idea of where you are in the galaxy in relation to Earth. Each dot represents a sector in the game. If the dot is grey it is usually not owned by anyone. Sectors that are owned by people are colored with their team colors.

You will find a new command called "3D Galaxy Map". Just click on it to see the new galaxy display.

Who knows maybe in the future this map will display locations for every players ship that you have a spy on. :)

Attachments:
3dgalaxy.gif
3dgalaxy.gif [ 36.62 KiB | Viewed 2987 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:17 am 
Gamer
Gamer

i suggest 1 of the functional features this 3d galaxy map can serve is it can act like a global positioning system (or in this case, universal positioning system haha!) so that u can see where your team mates are ^_^

It'll be really cute to see little green balls updating every 5 minutes to pinpoint the location of your team mate ships. =D

yours truly,
L'angel :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:43 am 
Developer
Developer

Well, that is one of the thoughts I had. :)

Your teammates pointed out in green and your enemies with spies on their ships pointed out in red along with the sector numbers.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]