It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:50 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well if it was your largest planet and had that much cash on it. I would be sure my collonists were not at 90% levels. That is your protection. You will probably win out anyways as the game should be reset with new beta code today. Thought it was gonna be last night but PJ must have run into a snag somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

saykor wrote:
I not understand you. What is my protection? I have only 7-8 planets level 20.

of course I will win but don't care many. this is for test.

Take your collonists off your planet. Revolts happen when a planet reaches over 90% max colonists. Max is determined by Max +(tech * 5 mill)

So a level 20 planets max colonists is 100mill + 20 *5mill = 200 mill. SO 90% level is 180 mill collonists so anything over that level risks a revolt. Anything under and you have no revolt risk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keith54 wrote:
The amount of money involved was only around the 10% mark that we are SUPPOSED to keep on planets.

Exactly how do you propose we take colonists off?, hull level 27 is only 568K, so taking off 20 Million colos takes 38 trips to dump them at an upgrades port, multiply that by 100 planets and what do you get?

Birth controlling diggies turn into Credit boosters a few hours after activation at best (sometimes even minutes).

Starving the planet means credit production stops (or so PJ stated in one of his posts).

So under present conditions there is no GOOD alternative...

All in good time. The next beta will help. BTW. Its not a 10% requirement. You make 100% production and you get up to a 600% production bonus the more cash you have on the planet. SO I dealey you want to run your planet near max to get the best cash production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:06 pm 
Developer
Developer

Also the max cash multiplier has been reduced to 50 times. It was 100 times. So you don't need as much cash on a planet to gain the credit production boosts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:42 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, you were the number 1 player in the beta game. :)

And if anyone thinks it should stay just easy to manage 100 planets as 10 then you are off your rocker. The more planets you have the more difficult it should be to manage them.

In otherwords if you have hundreds of planets it should ALWAYS take far more time and effort to keep track of them, manage the colonist levels and keep them from harm than managing 10 planets.

For many people there will come a time where they can't manage the planets they have anymore because there are too many. Those are the breaks. managing an empire isn't an easy job. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:58 am 
Developer
Developer

That means you either have to slowdown your planet expansion and tend to the planets you have and nurse them into higher tech levels...

or...

You keep adding more and more planets and worry about them going indy on you because you don't have the resources to upgrade all of them.

No one said it would be easy. You have to start using management skills in maintaining your empire. You have to start making hard decisions about how you want to proceed, grow and protect yourself.

You just can't go build hundreds of planets and not care about them much anymore. With the planetary interest of the older versions you didn't care if you lost planets to independence because you were making so much cash on all of the planets just from the planetary interest. Now you have to make crucial decisions about how you are going to do things. If you make the wrong choice you could hurt yourself. You can recover from the wrong choice but you are still hurt. In the older versions making the wrong choice after you got past a certain point didn't affect you at all (unless you died without an escape pod).

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]