It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bounty Change
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:23 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, I have finally added the changes to the bounty system I was talking about.

1. If a player has more federation bounties placed on then than the federation bounty limit then no one can collect the bounties except for the Federation. The number of bounties can be changed by the admins and no I won't tell you the limit.

2. If you have more federation bounties than the limit, the federation bounty is NOT canceled when you die. If you attack another player, die to sector defenses or die in any way the federation bounty will not be canceled. The only way the federation bounty will be removed at this point is by being killed by the federation warship roaming the universe.

3. You will never know when the federation ship will come to kill you. It never comes right after you go over the limit. It waits to catch you when you least suspect it. And landing on a planet will not save you from the federation.

4. If the federation finds and kills you it will take the value of your ship and place it towards your federation bounty. The federation will continue to hunt you down until the bounty is satisfied or you pay it off.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:56 pm 
Developer
Developer

Yeah, I got tired of people who think that using bounty exploits is a good way to get high scores.

There is still one more change that targets one more bounty expoit and it is just as nasty if not nastier.

I would hate to do it but I could easily change one variable now and make it so no one can collect federation bounties. If I see people exploiting it I will set it that way. If that happens then the only way you will ever get rid of a federation bounty is if you pay it off or are killed by the feds. That may end up being the best way to go in the long run. We shall see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:54 pm 
Developer
Developer

And he paid it off. When you pay off a fed bounty it isn't reported in the news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bbb wrote:
OK, thats makes sense.
But I still dont know why I see a blank name next to a 7 billion bounty.

I'm guessing the user got purged. I mentioned that to PJ. He was gonna look into it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]