It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:52 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:02 am 
Developer
Developer

Well, we WANTED to have a release ready right now but unfortunately converting all of the program files to templates has been time consuming.

Anyone that says making templates is easy is right as long as you are not trying to convert existing code that is a mess. Most of the programs in the game are not written with templating in mind. There are things printed all over the place without any kind of consistancy. So it requires alot of thought and planning to convert those programs. The worst ones are the ones dealing with combat of any type.

I am working as fast as I can to finish this because we want a release ASAP ourselves. The once nice thing about the delay is we have been able to enhance and remove bugs from various programs as they are converted to templates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:10 am 

Speaking of things that are all over the place.

Some things like after you create a trade route you get a menu that says, click here for trade routes or click here for main page. I would rather it just went one automatically. If it automatically went to main page, trade route menu is still only one click away. If it went automatically to trade routes, main screen is still only one click away. However, part of the time it would take no clicks as you would be where you wanted to be.

This happens in a few places in the game. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:02 pm 
Developer
Developer

I think the reason it was done that way was so a person didn't have to wait for the entire main screen to reload if they were going back to the trade screen. I know there are a couple of other areas in the game that do what you propose and I do find it annoying having to wait for the main screen to reload before I can go back to where I wanted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:05 pm 

Maybe a setting we can choose for each one? Like check a box to always make this choice or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:54 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

I think the times when the only place you can go to is the main page should be fixed. If there is only a link to the main page, it should automatically go there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DarkerSoul wrote:
I think the times when the only place you can go to is the main page should be fixed. If there is only a link to the main page, it should automatically go there.

I'd agree with that...give us toime though as poor PJ is coding his butt off trying to get everything templated and working. I've had to keep my hands off or he threatened to take away my gaming privs :) In time ther will be a ton of diff template we will be able to use. And will make the game flow much better :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]