It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:54 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Planet Combat and Planet Screens...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:23 pm 
Developer
Developer

I just wanted to give people an early warning.

I am going to be changing everything that deals with planets (displays, combat, transfers, ect) today. The way the combat and everything works SHOULD stay the same but there will be alot of internal changes.

If you find ANY of the selections on the plant screens that do not work right or at all please send me a PM detailing what you were doing so I can fix it ASAP.

The reason I am doing this is to reduce the amount of code being loaded by the server. The planet code is huge, cumbersome and loads in close to 200k of junk each time it is accessed and this is about 150k more than is ever really needed at any one time. Very poor programming. So I have broken things down into three sections and they will only be loaded when needed. This should reduce the load on the server and make things faster. especially when all of the other games on this server are eventually upgraded.

Next to the main display the planet functions are the most used.

So if you find any of the planet commands not working properly please PM me with the details.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]