It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: I really, really hate hardware right now...
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:04 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, the powersupply was not burned out as we suspected. It looks like either the CPU or the motherboard has burned out.

I have moved the database onto the same server that the website is on and you will notice it is slower than normal. This is because the database is being accessed using a 1.2 gig processor that is also processing the web site instead of a dedicated 2.2 gig processor. So everything will probably be slower than normal.

We will be working to move everything to much faster servers in the next week or so. Hopefully we will be back up to full speed in the next two weeks.

I would again like to thank everyone that sent in donations. It has helped offset the costs of the new hardware and gas spent making trips to the server farm.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:51 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

YAY, your back. yay for donations, yay for everything. :joshers:

Post subject: Re: I really, really hate hardware right now...
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:16 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Panama Jack wrote:
Well, the powersupply was not burned out as we suspected. It looks like either the CPU or the motherboard has burned out.

I have moved the database onto the same server that the website is on and you will notice it is slower than normal. This is because the database is being accessed using a 1.2 gig processor that is also processing the web site instead of a dedicated 2.2 gig processor. So everything will probably be slower than normal.

We will be working to move everything to much faster servers in the next week or so. Hopefully we will be back up to full speed in the next two weeks.

I would again like to thank everyone that sent in donations. It has helped offset the costs of the new hardware and gas spent making trips to the server farm.

Untill few minutes ago I hadn't made any donation, but These "Crash-downs" made me realize that we all have to contribute. So hopefully our donations can make this "Universe" even better.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:23 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

PJ, I tried contacting you and Tarnus re the server problems.
I can set up a subdomain off my site where you can run the Main game from until you sort out your server if you like. I have plenty of bandwidth and it handled the Tournament ok.

Anything that I can do to help is not a problem.

Cheers

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]