It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beta Game reset and open...
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:47 pm 
Developer
Developer

This reset is a bigger ship reset. Everyone will start with 1 billion in credits and an Endeavour.

There have been a number of changes this time around to the core code. Too many little changes to mention.

One of the biggest changes is in the display of planets and planet production percentages.

First off the planet graphics will be changing.

There will be 4 basic planet types that all 10 planet levels will come from for a total of 40 different planet graphics instead of the current 10.

High Ore and High Organics
    High Ore and Low Organics
    Low Ore and High Organics
    Low Ore and Low Organics

Those are the four basic planet types. Energy and Goods production are not factored into the planet graphics at this time. We may add separate graphics for energy in the future. Don't automatically destroy a Low Ore/Low Organic producing planet when you create one with the genesis device. It may just turn out to be a high energy producing planet that could provide alot of energy for sector defenses. You won't find out until your colonists finish surveying the planet.

This brings us to the next big change.

When a planet is created using the genesis device you will not know the exact production percentages it is capable of producing. You will have an idea from the planet graphic but nothing specific.

Once you Base your planet your colonists will start surveying your planet and over time they will determine how well the planet can produce different things and the percentages will appear on the planet display. So you just have to wait for your colonists to explore the planet enough to know exactly what the planet it capable of producing.

If you attack and capture a planet that was previously based you will not know what the production percentages are immediately. When you captured the planet and destroyed the base you destroyed all records pertaining to the production percentages. You will have to rebuild the base and your colonists will automatically survey the percentages again.

BTW, the amount of time it takes for the colonists to determine the planets production percentages is not set and is different for each planet.

This is a little more true to life. From orbit you can kind of get an idea what a planet can do just by looking at it but you aren't going to know for certain until you spend time surveying the planet.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:06 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

If you take a planet over via a spy do you instantly get to see all the planet production levels?

Post subject: Re: Beta Game reset and open...
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:29 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Panama Jack wrote:
BTW, the amount of time it takes for the colonists to determine the planets production percentages is not set and is different for each planet.

This is a little more true to life. From orbit you can kind of get an idea what a planet can do just by looking at it but you aren't going to know for certain until you spend time surveying the planet.

Very interesting, and I like it!

I have some questions:

1. If you have more colonists on the planet, will it take less time for them to find out the percentages?

2. Will your Sensor tech level affect the initial guestamate of percentages or affect length of time to determine percentages?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:10 am 

I'm very busy right now :roll: but I can manage some time to paint more planets. PM me and tell me how many planets u need ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:06 pm 
Developer
Developer

Kwae Zar wrote:
If you take a planet over via a spy do you instantly get to see all the planet production levels?

Yes you do. :)

Post subject: Re: Beta Game reset and open...
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:08 pm 
Developer
Developer

autohost wrote:
Panama Jack wrote:

Very interesting, and I like it!

I have some questions:

1. If you have more colonists on the planet, will it take less time for them to find out the percentages?

2. Will your Sensor tech level affect the initial guestamate of percentages or affect length of time to determine percentages?

Right now there is nothing you can do that will affect the speed it takes to survey a planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:11 pm 
Developer
Developer

csimplex wrote:
I'm very busy right now :roll: but I can manage some time to paint more planets. PM me and tell me how many planets u need ;)

Thanks for the offer. :)

We have a bunch of planet graphics that we haven't even used yet. Once thing that would be nice is to have people design new layouts for the main screen display. It would be really cool to have one that kind of looked like the inside of a ship console.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]