It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beta game moved back...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:12 pm 
Developer
Developer

We have moved the Beta Game back to http://beta.aatraders.com because of the problems with the other site.

We were hosting the beta game on Site Grounds and they have turned out to be one of the worst hosting companies we have ever seen. They moved the game to a different server that is totally screwed up. This was their last chance. Unfortunately we can't get a refund so we will have to figure out something to use it for since we have about 7-8 more months on the contract. :p

I would definitely recommend that everyone avoid Sire Grounds. They post some stellar customer testimonials but you have no idea how many people they have royally pissed off. They have some fantastic customer service in trying to get you to buy their hosting service but it miraculously goes away AFTER you buy it. You never get anything remotely close to the service they offered to try and get you to buy.

Avoid Site Grounds if you want decent hosting.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:06 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

If you used a credit card to pay for this service call and put a STOP on the payment. Seriously. Many times credit card companies will go to bat for a customer that has been ripped off.

Remember, they are in BREACH OF CONTRACT if they can not provide you a service that you BOTH agreed to when funds were exchanged.

Don't role over and take it PJ. Go up the chain on both sides.

DOT5Hosting ( http://www.dot5hosting.com/ )is fairly cheap. I have my family website on it. 10GB of space. SQL database. 250GB pipe per month (that is for a personal account) and all for, $18 a year with a special code that my wife found in an AD. HEHE. My dad has his private business on that site as well. They seem ok so far... I haven't tried anything advanced yet.

I could give you a subdomain off my website for you to test things on to see if it would work for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You would be amazed how tough it is to find a good host that wont dump ya at the drop of a hat... ya have to carefully read thier tems of service, and thats where they get ya.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]