It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:01 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 11 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

What type of tournament would you play in
Poll ended at Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:26 pm
Singles  17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Doubles  8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Draft  75%  75%  [ 9 ]
Team up to 5 member  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Random Draft  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12

Post subject: Coming Soon .30 Tourney
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

With the release of .30 we think its time for a tourney. Plus we really need to test some of the tourney options like time limits that we haven't set for the main game. So the question is. What kind of tournament would you like to see. Answer the poll and we will set up the tournament of your choosing . Tourney will run 2 weeks, we will update you on the rules and settings as soon as the poll finishes.

Last edited by Tarnus on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:58 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Can't wait for this... my first tourney!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:08 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Just so you know, I voted draft. My most fun tourney experience was draft, and I just love the style. This ensures that atleast some of the talent is dispersed among the teams, and also allows for larger teams = more team interaction. Although I would never share all my secrets with a draft team, it also allows the more experienced players to share their experience with newer players who otherwise would never have the opportunity to learn from the masters.

The one problem I foresee though, is that if we have a Draft Tournament, who will the Team Captains be? It has been so long since our last tournament, do our previous winners and TCs still play? Will they want the responsibility?

Anyway, my vote is cast, Draft Tournament for me :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, that was my thoughts to. Team captains would be tough. You could pick from the top players in the last 2 .30 games. I think someone has the scores from the last game I may have to go take a look through the blogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:57 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Here ya go.

http://phirephly.aatraders.com/readblog/19d98afc3721302b70501ac278a35672064567b79d45954c77be10391032a22f9cbc63dbc9de20d4b7e8c27050108409#bottom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not yet. You will see a huge announce and links here in the forum. PJ has run into a few last minute bugs... And I am certain you would rather have them fixed than have a maintenance release a day afterwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:27 am 
Developer
Developer

And you might want to make the tourney a Profile Only tournament. That way only people with a profile can signup and they have to use their profile when they create their player. :) One of the new tourney features. ;)

This way no one can smurf and try to hide.

Also, might want to use the new online time restriction feature. Have a limit of how many hours a player can be in the tournament every day. That will make it more fair to the people who can't spend every waking hour online. ;) The ones who do spend all day online for a tourney know who you are. :evil:

We have never be able to test all of these features with a real tournament. Would be nice to see how everything works. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:33 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

I am about guys, so that if you want an Admin for the Tournament so that you two can have a break, let me know.

I will also grab the code when it is out and get a game up and running. :)

Profiles only with time restrictions for 1st Tourny.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:43 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

First off, Alf, where the hell have you been?!?! LTNS...

Second off, seriously, need profile-only for the tourney, but please no time restrictions! I am not one who can spend every waking hour on the game (Hell, I don't even have net AT MY HOUSE, at this point! And I work 45-60 hours a week...) but I would hate to have my tournament victory discreditted because some of the lifeless scum floating around the galaxy are whining they couldn't play as much as they wanted, or they got in a bad spot and their time limit was up, so they lost a ship, etc.

Post subject: OMG!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:44 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Alf!! oh wow guy! it has been a long time since we have all heard anything out of you! Hope all is doing much better now, which I assume since you are offering to admin a tourney :)

There are advantages and disadvantages to profile game only. Let's everyone know up front who to fear and who to prey upon :( But it also keeps ppl honest :)

And explain what amount of time is in a time restricted game. Sadly I enjoy the team chatter and spend my time in AAT not only upgrading planets but also socializing with a few friends. Hey! it's a better choice then yahoo hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:05 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

My health has not been good and I still get numbness in hand and foot. Blood pressure is all under control at last. I have also lost a little weight (12-14KG) bit I am better for that.

And yes, I have no problems running the Tourney. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well there will be a Time limit, it will be a profiles only and with all tournaments, they are always bounty free. Profiles will be needed especially if its a draft tourney team captains will need that. Even a singles tourney a profile will help players know who to take down first.

Phire you can always socialize in the chat room for the tourney. Might be a good habit rather than wasting valuable minutes you may need.

You will find yourself not only saving turns but giving yourself a time pad... this will tell you who is good and who just have no life ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

It is looking like a Draft Game, so suggestions for some Captains would be helpful.

But let's leave Big, Tarnus, Max and some of the scrappy players to be in the draft list. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here are my thoughts for team captains. Phire and Kilroy. Since they were both in first place in a .30 game... Phire in the last one and Kilroy in this one.

All depends on if they want to play in a tourney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:04 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Time limits would help me from getting fired at work...... Tourneys scare me with the time they consume....

Page 1 of 11 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next