It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Main Game Bounty Change Part Deux
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:02 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

The easiest way is that the planet must be with in x amount of the ship to park it there. With enough energy and fighters and torps to run it once.

I cannot think of any reasonable senario that a player would park say a level 30 excel on a planet that is not at least level 30 to protect it before they left it there.

So at a min, the player would have to be able to take a level 25 planet to get a bare bones excel from someone on a transfer.

This does not prevent you from landing on planet, just transfering and leaving a ship.
That way if you wind up like me in several games, where I lost all my big planets and most of my money, you can still land somewhere.

If would put a crimp in nova bombing or a&r stuff, but it just means one extra warp link or better engines.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:11 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

First I'll say I like Ash's idea.

Quote:
You can still get a 100 bill boost through IGB, whats wrong with that?

What's wrong?! It's too small!! Say player A wants to help player B (a teammate) repair his ship. This is definitely something teammates should be allowed to do to help each other out. Say the repairs are 50T. It'll take a good 500 days to transfer all that via IGB.

Quote:
Technically, if a player added 3 bill coll to one of your planets he just gave you money, while you may not get it immediately, you get it for the long haul.

Sometimes you need the money immediately, not in the "long haul."

Quote:
You want to get rid of the team bounty limit something has to change somewhere.

I have an alternative then. Bounties based on ship size.

The game should take the total net value of all of a player's ships, and then compare it to another player's score. If the other player's score is below a certain fraction (this exact value will take some experimenting to get perfectly balanced, but it's possible) of the player's ship value, then they will be bounty.

This way, no one with a huge ship and no planets can attack small (score wise) players, but it doesn't stop big players from becoming safe by just buying a small ship and selling the big ones, since it's determined ship to score, not ship to ship, which would be unfair, or score to score, as it is now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PJ's plan holds alot of promise. Everyone please be patient. We want to make this fair for everyone and enjoyable for everyone. Once the right solution is in place we can start working on some of the other problem areas.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:25 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

What exactly is PJ's plan at the moment?

And here's something I thought I'd put out... I notice that you all are trying to stop people from using quick cash planets to transfer credits. Then how are attackers going to pay spies? Good info usually costs 5T+, so that'd take 50 days with the IGB.

In real life, one nation can send money to another. This can be out of friendship, or in payment for something (example in the game is info). By taking this away, you're really messing stuff up. If you would use my suggestion, the whole problem would be fixed. As it is, you're skrewing up a lot of stuff that could be left fine if you'd just try my suggestion.

You're inadvertantly destroying a style of play that you seemed to intend to exist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
What exactly is PJ's plan at the moment?

And here's something I thought I'd put out... I notice that you all are trying to stop people from using quick cash planets to transfer credits. Then how are attackers going to pay spies? Good info usually costs 5T+, so that'd take 50 days with the IGB.

In real life, one nation can send money to another. This can be out of friendship, or in payment for something (example in the game is info). By taking this away, you're really messing stuff up. If you would use my suggestion, the whole problem would be fixed. As it is, you're skrewing up a lot of stuff that could be left fine if you'd just try my suggestion.

You're inadvertantly destroying a style of play that you seemed to intend to exist

Have patience and an open mind. All will be revealed. Naysayer begone! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:37 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Wait, hold on... stop this train ! :)

Panama Jack wrote:
Even if you remove team cash that doesn't remove the problem of players getting huge ships that shouldn't through planet captures. A player can put a huge ship on a planet with nothing other than a base and let the person capture it and the planet. Then you have quick cash planets for the person to take if they need cash.

Yeah I totally let that slip my mind for awhile, BUT I thought that was Already taken care of because ships were SUPPOSED to sustain damage when captured from a planet attack.

Quote:
We are looking at a couple of ways to fix that and if they work out we can remove the team attack limits we added. The problem isn't so much the transfer of cash. The REAL problem is a player being able to have a ship that is way outside their means to support with their planet production levels.

Damaged ships when captured ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:44 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

"I think modern [attentions spans] have gone beyond that." Patience is for those lacking the luxury of instant gratification.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:46 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Somehow I managed to get my post above Vals when he had already posted.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:54 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

While browsing this to try and find a name for someone that Johnson asked me about, I saw a couple things I had to address:

LordTonto wrote:
but having been on a team with Darkon, I'd expect underhanded strategies like lying from you before him. Afterall, you're alot more hot-headed, alot more impulsive. It seems like you take alot of things personally too.

I'll say this, I may take things seriously, and I may be hot-headed and impulsive, but I am not a liar...If I say something, you can take it for fact. Period.

IkeDiamonds wrote:
The idea of score control as an exploit rings false to me. This strategy has been around for years. I remember Ash using this with his teammate circa 03-04 and no one thought anything of it as he pounded the universe into dust then moved half his money onto his teammated two hours before the round ended securing the previously low player a second place finish.

The one thing I wanted to point out about this, is that it was a different game in '03-'04 than it has been since the 0.3x game...Back when you could use a Nova Bomb to take out SD, that was a great equalizer...With the game at it's current stage, a smaller player can never take out the "cash supply" of an attacker (Under the way it was before they killed team cash...) so nothing a smaller player could do would be able to protect them from a funded attacker...The attacker sleeps in a teammate's SG that has spent 800T on defense, so the attacker doesn't have to worry about dying, and only another huge player could attack them....

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4