It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Major game changes coming this week...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
Thanks, though I'm sure many will be upset to see their holiday from me has ended.

None of these are really awful, just the first one makes attacking inconvenient. :P

So these are going into the main right away? And what's up with the beta? You guys have other new toys planned for that?

Nothing new there for a while... By the time we get something new I may have lost my empire to indies :)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Hi PJ.,

Just found the appropriate thread for this. You guys need to minimize team cash transfers to like once a week at the least. Once a week would be just fine for the current length of your game. Transfers of 100 billion credits through IGB is nothing to worry about as players around and well past that level can have decent sectors with sd. and still be in fed space with a good portion of their networth. But when you can get a team cash transfer after the scores get real big, its devastating (there is no defending against it). Running around and building a bunch of sgs isn't an option. You should have more than one sg but not pour a bunch of credits into all of them.

So anyway, More time between transfers gives everyone time to regenerate turns, consolidate, etc.. Changing it is realistic because obviously nobody is going to give you a bunch of credit every single day in real life. Even the crooked companies in the US. only get bailed out once... I believe.

Thanks Guys

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:34 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Well I might be mistaken but what I mean is if the highest person in alliance can transfer 5% of his networth to others.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:35 am 
Developer
Developer

Actually the amount that can be transfered is based upon the value of the lowest ranked person in the transaction. In other words the highest ranked person can only have money transfered to or from them based upon the worth of the person below them. This was to prevent someone from doing something like you mentioned. The highest ranked person trying to transfer money to the lowest ranked person may only be able to transfer a fraction of a fraction of a percent of their own net worth.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:10 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Ok So that part has been cleared up for awhile. Good

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3