It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Re: Couple of Questions regarding Bounties...
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:23 pm 
Developer
Developer

Buttons wrote:
1. Simultaneous attacks
While I understand the game is realtime, a situation arose based upon myself and another player attacking the same Indie planet at approximately the same time. Yes the planet was scanned prior to my attack to assure that it WAS indie. Both attacks apparently went through... I received no bounty notification in the attack report. I attacked again, as it said I had failed to take the planet. At which time I did receive a bounty notification. Checking the Bounty list, I ended up with two sizeable bounties from said attacks, one of which I was not told of, one of which I was.

If the other attacked and took the planet between the time you scanned it and attacked and that player is low enough to give you a bounty if you do attack his planets then you will get a bounty. There is nothing to notify you that the planet was taken by someone else.

Buttons wrote:
2. Come around time to remove bounty... I purposely weaken my ship so that Feds could kill me. Ship explodes, escape in escape pod. Bounty should have been removed, yes? Bounty was not removed.

That will never work. When the the Feds attack your ship the COST of the damage to your ship is deducted from the balance you own on the bounty. In otherwords you have to pay it off one way or another with real hard cash or in ship value.

Buttons wrote:
4. Have another player on team kill me, no escape pod... Still bounties not removed.

Because it is still a Federation Only Bounty which means only the federation can collect the bounty or you pay it off.

Buttons wrote:
That puts me at 2 complete ship to ship destructions, no bounty removal, as well as raising the issue of simultaneous attacks on the same planet. Is this a bug, or would it be normal for dead players to still retain bounties?

You retain the bounty as long as it is a Federation Bounty until it is paid off in ship value or hard cash. Once it stops being a Federation Only bounty then a NON-TEAM player can kill you to collect the bounty and remove it from you. Also, if someone on your team leaves your team to attack you to get the bounty it will not work. There is a 3 day wait before a player who leaves a team can collect federation bounties from former teammates.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]