It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: A new change coming for profiles...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:05 pm 
Developer
Developer

Tarnus and I talked this over today and it looks like there is going to be more information placed in the profiles. ;)

All players who have registered in a game and die will have their information at the time they die saved. This is if you suicide, have your ship destroyed without an escape pod or you are purged from the game for inactivity.

When this happens all of the information about your player at the time you die is compiled along with how you died and sent to the profile server. This information will not be included in game averages but will be placed in a special seperate area. There will be three new information areas on every player.

The first is Suicides and displays every single time you have suicided along with your stats at the time you suicided.
    The second is Inactivity Purge and displays when you were purged and how long the account was inactive in the game.
    The third is Player Death and displays HOW you died without an escape pod. IE: 50 Million Mines, Attacked by Player, ect.
This will be a great benefit for team captains in selecting players for tournaments. They will be able to see which players die for silly reasons, suicide for no reason or just too lazy to play a game they have joined. ;) (Was that too mean?) :D

The information will be sent to the profile server once every day so you may have to wait 24 hours from the time you died on a server for that information to show up in your profile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:54 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Very good idea, as you say invaluable to Team Captains.

Now for the burning question:
Which comes first the chicken (ver .3) or the egg(profile update)? :D

Cheers

Post subject: Re: A new change coming for profiles...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:12 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Panama Jack wrote:
Tarnus and I talked this over today and it looks like there is going to be more information placed in the profiles. ;)

All players who have registered in a game and die will have their information at the time they die saved. This is if you suicide, have your ship destroyed without an escape pod or you are purged from the game for inactivity.

The first is Suicides and displays every single time you have suicided along with your stats at the time you suicided.
    The second is Inactivity Purge and displays when you were purged and how long the account was inactive in the game.
    The third is Player Death and displays HOW you died without an escape pod. IE: 50 Million Mines, Attacked by Player, ect.

Hmmmmm.... Nice.... I guess my numers will then be:
Too many(kills),
Many, None and None

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject: Re: A new change coming for profiles...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:17 am 
Trial
Trial

Hmmm,

That is good, personally I have suicided once...

However, my biggest beef is playing on a server which then disappears... (this recently happened with aatraders.ca...) is there some way that these annoying servers which have flaky service could marked so that players have an idea about reliability?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]